Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: All peopled out .....  (Read 17538 times)

Lucky Stone

All peopled out .....
« on: May 13, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »

The older I get, the more easily I get tired with company. We've just had guests go home - yippee - then I had two days working at a local market (my turn on the rota), then two days in the shop. And I am just sick and tired of smiling and being nice to folk. >:( is it me?? Or is my patience just thinner now? At any rate I am now looking forward to a few quiet days indoors. Anyone else recognise this? :-X

Limpy

Re: All peopled out .....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »

You are NOT alone.
I don't like having people to stay, even when I like them!
I just prefer peace and quiet.

ellie

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »

Same with me, really look forward to seeing people, but oh so glad when they leave.......glad it's not just me  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »

Me too. I find it really hard to put up with people and it is such an effort to be nice all the time! Do you think we
are becoming more irritated because in our loosing our nurturing, female hormones our male ones are having more influence ? Turning into grumpy old men!
K.

Elena

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:47 PM »

Me too, but I've always been that way so I cant blame the meno.  I'm just an anti-social old bag  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »

Grumpy old women more like  ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »

I have had enough of people recently.  Am needing to re-charge the batteries before I can begin to be sociable  ::)

panda762

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »

Glad I'm not the only anti-social person on here  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

My OHs brother is visiting from abroad later this summer. They are not staying with us thank goodness as I just done have the room anymore.

I am dreading it......I don't like him or his wife and I don't think they like me much either.
I will be a real strain to be honest and I know I will be the one running around making sure all is wonderful.

To be honest I feel like sitting on my bum and doing very little.

Anti social or what.

They arrive the day we come back from our holidays. Not ideal. You know what it's like.....you just want to get unpacked and get a bit of shopping in not  entertain someone you really don't like.

Ok moan over.

Honeyb
X

hellen

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »

everyones right, im not sure why im so grumpy.. but i put it down to me doing everything for everyone else. but who knows...   it could be im fed up of my oh who seems to be perfect in his eyes ha ha ha ha..  not sure why he dont have his own saint day yet ha ha ha ha oh does that sound just to mean lol...             

Elena

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

HB that sounds grim - cant you tell them that you dont arrive back til the day after their proposed visit?  You need at least a day to get sorted after your holiday!

If you dont like them and they dont you why are they visiting?

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 09:40:32 PM »

They are coming to see my hubby.....unfortunately I live here too... ;D

They told us they were coming in Jan. They could not confirm dates.....I just went and booked our holiday only to discover they were arriving in the middle of the week we are away. I could not change our dates so they will be in our town and we won't. Karma or what.

I won't see them on the Sunday morning as I go to mothers and I hope they won't come on the Saturday evening.

I can only hope can't I.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 09:51:08 PM »

I find it very tiring when we have visitors, especially when they stay over. Doesn't happen often. Have daughter & her family coming soon and the place will be upsides down in the blink of an eye.  I can't stand Hubble. Don't get me wrong I love seeing them. Funnily enough if I visit them I don't have this problem. There can be Hubble everywhere and it doesn't bother me enough to want to do anything about it. Their Hubble, not mine.  ???
That's a bit much HB, especially as you will just have got home. Won't do anything for your anxiety levels. Can your hubby not suggest a different day for them to visit stating that you will just have returned from a hopefully relaxing break.

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »

They leave on the Monday to go to Aberdeen so I really don't have a lot of choice.

I know what you mean about hubble CG although I read it first as hubbie.   ;D

Must put on my glasses.

Honeyb
X

Lucky Stone

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:58 AM »

Not just me then  :D :D I do feel for you honeybun although as they are arriving while you are actually away, that will make the time you are spending in their company that much shorter. So I suppose that is a bit of a bonus. I really like the folk who came to us but there's just something about having other people in the house .... I can never relax and I find relaxation hard enough at the best of times. I have said to OH that from now on it's just his boys and their families, I am not doing it for friends anymore, please or offend. Time I put myself to the forefront of my needs. I was a mass of spots, my stomach (on the road to recovery from the GERD) went instantly downhill again - felt like I had to start over with the tablets, I just felt awful. It's only today that I am starting to feel "me" again. Thank goodness for a quiet house  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4