Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Saturday Night.....what did you used to do  (Read 11435 times)

ariadne

Re: Saturday Night.....what did you used to do
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 12:02:23 PM »

I remember one night my friend and I had gone to the nearest large town in a chap's pick up truck. We went to a disco while he and his mate went off to a dodgy druggie pub. We were to meet them later if we wanted a lift home. After the disco, we got to the pub and could hardly see across the room for smoke. We piled into the pick up but got stopped by the police, driver breathalized, failed,  and we were taken to police station.

I remember my friend had to ask to use the phone there to ring her Dad to come and get us.

"Dad, don't go mad but I'm in a police station"  ::)

A while later he marched angrily in, wagging his finger at my friend;

"Right young lady - that's it now!"  followed by him marching up to the desk and saying quietly

"Excuse me officer, could you tell me where the toilet is"

And for some reason, this caused my friend and I to collapse into inapproprate laughter - as we often did at that age  ::)

It was a while before we went in the pick up again.

ariadne xx

lily

Re: Saturday Night.....what did you used to do
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:02 PM »

We went to nightclub in town at age 17 in stilletto's and got home with very sore feet after trawling the streets for a taxi.  We also foolishly accepted a lift from someone we just met, turned out fine but so so silly!  Only did this for a year or so then started going out more locally, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get home.  When hubby and I met, we went to the same place all the time - you'd have thought there was nowhere else.  I prefer sitting in jim jams now too  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]