Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Saturday Night.....what did you used to do  (Read 11438 times)

honeybun

Saturday Night.....what did you used to do
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

Just sitting here watching rubbish TV and reminiscing about Saturday night's when I was young.

What did you do.

For me it was the fun of getting ready normally with friends. Deciding what disco (remember them) that we would go to and if we would meet anyone nice.
It was so much fun.

When I got a bit older it was seeing how many I could fit in my mini and bombing off somewhere different.

Changed days now.

Any memories ladies.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

Re: Saturday Night.....what did you used to do
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »

Much the same as you HB. But discos started at 7.30ish and finished at 11.00, not like 3am of nowadays. 
Once I met hubby and before we got engaged, it was usually Saturday Night at the Movies, somewhere in the back row.  ::)  ;D

ariadne

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »

My friend would arrive on the bus at 7.30pm after we'd both spent about an hour getting ready. We'd then walk a mile to the Rugby Club and dance all night. The good looking blokes always asked her to dance and I always got their mate. She had long straight silky black hair and dark brown eyes whereas I had dishwater eyes and long fluffy blonde hair. We would whisper about which blokes we fancied but never really got any of them.

Her Dad would be outside at 11pm without fail to make sure we got home safely.

ariadne xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 08:08:23 AM »

Go out clubbing it in Liverpool before I joined the WRENS at 16
At 20 and a MUM Saturday was Club night out at 925 after Mash
Chelsea reach Pub or the Nelson then at Midnight the Guinea every Saturday home at 3pm
I did that till I was 28 and came to Ozz
Still go out nearly every single saturday last night ULY gathering and agm then 40 of us went to an Indian Restaurant
We swarmed by they must have made a fortune off us
Mothers day today in Ozz look in what did you do today Fun and Games in our household

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »

Oh good thread!

Nothing until I met the man who evenutally married me.  Then we went fishing if it was nice weather in the early evenings, then off to Stockcar Racing  ;D  .......... with friends, family, cousins ....... one evening we had 11 under the fishing umbrella because it POURED .......... some held a large Army blanket behind us to keep the rain out. Fortunately we all knew each other.  Occasionally we would go to a 'dance' but Dad would be there at 10.30 p.m. SHARP  :D

Suzi Q

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »

I look back and the freedom I had was amazing 13 in Cavern in Liverpool on a Sunday arvo\
If not the cavern Then a Club called The Krall in New Brighton I was a BABY MOD had the clothes the hair the lot
Was dating at 13 had to be a MOD with a scooter or no way Jose
Joined the WRENS at 16 so was considered an adult used to nip to London to the Marquee Club at 16 on a Saturday
Knowne ever waited up for me they went to bed I had a key at 14 I went out 5 nights a week come hell or hugh water
That was done cos Id climb out of the bedroom window and just go
NO I didnt take drugs or sleep with anyone didnt smoke had shandies but most of the Clubs in Liverpool were DRY then
All I wanted to do was Dance and wear MOD clothes have MOD boyfriends kiss and cuddle thats as far as it ever went

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »

We used to have a rugby club disco that we went to. If I had a date then they had to collect me from the house or I was not allowed to go. I used to wait anxiously at the window to see how battered or bruised the face of the lad that was taking me would be. They all played on a Saturday afternoon.

The disco finished at 12 and I had to be home ten minutes later or my dad would be standing outside the house with his arms folded. I used to take off my shoes and run.   ;D

It was a bit of a strange place to go because quite a few of my school teachers went. They knew I was under age and they happily ignored the fact I was standing at the bar having a drink. I called them by their first names at the weekend but come Monday morning it was back to yes sir.
I was 17 at the time so not terribly under age.

Oh they were fun times.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 01:17:39 PM »

The things we got away with. There was a pub about 100 yds from our school. The number of under agers who went at lunchtime was amazing. They'd then turn up for afternoon classes chomping away at a half a packet of polo mints so the teachers wouldn't suspect anything.  Mmm. Of course goody two shoes me never went, no money! I'd be the one checking their breath for any tell tale signs of alcohol.  ;D

I remember our daughter going on a school trip for a week. The stories she came back with about some teachers. One in particular who was up to all sorts apparently.  And I thought the things which happened at my school wouldn't, couldn't happen when our two were at that age. How wrong was I?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »

The first time my boyfriend took me into a Pub in the town 7 miles from 'home', our History teacher was in there too  ;D ........ he taught with my Dad at the same school but I don't think he told on us.  I was drinking water anyway as I hated alcohol even then.  I was 17, DH 18 .......

smudgesmum

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »

LOL those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end...

Out till 3am pissed stay in bed till 3pm next day then up and out again :-)

I couldn't even raise a canter now never mind a gallop  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »

Me neither. Hubby refuses to go out on Saturday nights now. I'm quite happy to have a quiet one with the TV on and in my Jim jams. ::) Must be getting old or something.  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »

We used to have a rugby club disco that we went to. If I had a date then they had to collect me from the house or I was not allowed to go. I used to wait anxiously at the window to see how battered or bruised the face of the lad that was taking me would be. They all played on a Saturday afternoon.

The disco finished at 12 and I had to be home ten minutes later or my dad would be standing outside the house with his arms folded. I used to take off my shoes and run.   ;D

It was a bit of a strange place to go because quite a few of my school teachers went. They knew I was under age and they happily ignored the fact I was standing at the bar having a drink. I called them by their first names at the weekend but come Monday morning it was back to yes sir.
I was 17 at the time so not terribly under age.

Oh they were fun times.

Honeyb
X

Hun
you broke a memory thats right IF I had a DATE uyp till I left home The lad had to come to the house and pick me up
I remember oen night a GUY called Sam had asked me out Id had a crush of him for agea real MOD Scooter 24 Mirror
How shallow was I hehehehe Anyway he comes to the house Dad goes to the Door few mins later door shuts I looked Dad had sent him away with a flea in his ear He said He was dirty his hands were oily and he may have been dressed well but he smelt like he hadnt had a bath I told him sorry but you were sick
I remember thinking you cant do that not to me??? He did and he was right
Sam  turned out to be beautiful on the ioutside but dead nasty onthe inside

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »

Used to phone round my pals to see what everyone was wearing so we all did not look the same.

Mind you we all did look much the same....Just like the kids today.

Alcohol did not seem to play as big a part then as it does now. I really can't remember people getting as drunk then as now. I know a good few did but I was quite happy at 17 with a couple of drinks and that was it.

I did date a boy who had a mobile disco. He was very good looking and I was the one who got to stand behind the decks trying to look cool. I was usually bored to tears so that did not last long.

I was really lucky to have my own car when I was 18. It was a very old mini.....remember the ones that had sliding windows.
Saturday night's were transformed.....we could all go so much further. Everyone chipped in for petrol and off we went. It was amazing how many you could squash in that car. My one rule was no drunks allowed.....if you drank too much you could walk home....I loved that car.

I got a very stern warning one night coming home from Glasgow. We were stopped by the police who asked us all to get out of the car. There were seven of us.... :o
These days I would have ended up in court.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »

;D

Joyce

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »

Your love of your mini reminds me of Hubby's equal love of his Anglia! He used to think nothing of driving down the coast to Prestwick or nearby on a nice summer's evening. Or we'd go up the Gleniffer Braes at night and thought it looked romantic with all the lights twinkling. Eh Paisley & Glasgow look romantic? We must have been looking at the world in a romantic fog in those days.  ;D. He loved that car, but eventually had to scrap it when we were saving to get married. It was costing a fortune in repairs.
Ah the memories. Remember getting a lift from someone in a mini. I swear my bum was nearly touching the ground!   ;D
Pages: [1] 2