Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estelle Duet 2mg!!  (Read 8188 times)

Hall

Estelle Duet 2mg!!
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »

Hi,
Ive recently had my HRT changed and 6 days ago started taking EselleDuet 2mg.  This week I've had a really upset stomach (just made it to toilet).  Not sure if it is the new HRT or just coincedence.  Anyone else had this trouble with this HRT.
Thanks LH xx

Hurdity

Re: Estelle Duet 2mg!!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

Hi Hall

Sorry to hear about your upset stomach.

I haven't taken tablet HRT but just wanted to sympathise and I have read on here that tablet HRT can upset the digestive system in some women.

If it doesn't settle and you know it's not a bug then maybe you would be better off with a transdermal product ie patch or gel?

Are you on conti or still having a cycle/bleed?

Let us know what happens and if you need help with other HRT do get in touch and we can maybe help with this. There is a lot of info in the menu on the left under HRT preparations.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php

Hurdity x

Hall

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:08:21 PM »

Thank you Hurdity.
I am still having a bleed.  This is my 4th attempt with HRT and tbh if this doesn't make me feel any better I am thinking of  giving up and trying to grin and bear it!!
Will give it a little longer and see how I feel.
Thanks for your support xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:05:22 PM »

Hi Hall

No need to grin and bear it!

So that means you are still peri then and have not yet reached menopause? Do you mind my asking how old you are and when last natural period?

Seriously if you haven't tried a patch or gel with separate progesterone that is the most "natural" way to take HRT by that I mean bio-identical to our own bodies. You should be able to find something that makes you feel better but trouble is docs often prescribe the easiest/cheapest and this is usually a tab - but doesn't suit everyone.

I would recommend you try a patch - first a combi patch as you may have trouble with oral progesterone if meds disagree with you. There is Femseven or Evorel. If you think you have been OK with the synthetic progestogens in the HRT (ie you don't feel terrible in the second half of your cycle when you change to the combi pills) then you may be OK. Also maybe not enough oestrogen - depends on where you are in meno/how old you are.

Of course you may not be into the second half of the cycle with Elleste so you won;t know - but it has the same progestogen in it (norethisterone) as Climagest and Novofem which are peri HRT types.

Hope this helps!

Hurdity x

Hall

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:51:54 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
No I don't mind telling you Im 48 and according to my blood test I am definetly in the menopause.  Before I started HRT (about 9 months ago) I was still having periods although they were coming and going whenever they liked, so irregular whereas previously a had been very regular.
I have noted your recomendations (Femseven & Evorel) and if I don't settle on Elleste then I will ask my GP to change them.  I start the second cycle of tablets on Sun so will see how I am.  My mood was low on the previous HRT I tried so not holding out much hope.
I thought I would feel great 'like a new woman' and most of the time I feel blurrrr and have very little energy.
Thanks for you support, I'll let you know how I get on. xx