Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 14 yr old self harming????? - maybe a bit long - sorry  (Read 12846 times)

Farrid

Re: 14 yr old self harming????? - maybe a bit long - sorry
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »

Thanks CLKD :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »

You are welcome!

Farrid

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »

Just to update, I went into school on Friday am, spoke to the head of yr 9, and she said that my daughters tech teacher was concerned, because she was upset in his lesson, and it was totally out of character for her, so me going in, gave the head teacher a good excuse to see her.

Which she did, and my daughter told her that she was concerned about another friend of hers, who had lost a parent to cancer recently.  Anyway, the outcome is, that the school counsellor will have some sessions with her.

Honestly, I know a lot of you have children who are probably all grown up, but I really did not know, just how hard parenting teenagers who have issues can be.  My other daughter is nearly 18 now, and she just sailed through it.  You really don't think that 2 kids so different, can come from the same parents eh???

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 06:03:43 PM »

You just have to take it as it comes with teenagers.

Glad to hear someone is going to be talking to your daughter.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »

It's good that the school are getting involved.

Re two children with same parents being so different.
My last neighbour, well 13 years ago, had  2 sons who were so wildly different that she commented "how can this happen when they come from the same stable?"

Both nice lads, just very different to each other.

Hope you are feeling calmer in yourself

Suzi Q

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 03:44:09 AM »

I agree if I didnt kow better id say I was swapped at birth
I dont look like my MUM or Dad I dont have their personalities both very selfish amd selfcentred Dad still is
He moved and didnt tell me why would he bother I dont count never have
Im quick to anger and quick to forgive I dont gossip never have rows with freinds  Im not a jel person
 Im kind Im a good listener Im the person you come to with your problems
Im loyal trustworthy give anyone anything love to make people happy I sound st like but im not I just dont like rows
I was brought up in a house where rows screams and insults were normal I was battered by MUM to rid her of rage
My borther whom i loved to the moon and back was self centred very selfish and the sun rose and set around him
Just like my MUM Money was his god that and booze Mums was money and script drugs and he was worshipped
He was brilliant at school as were my parents all 3 passed 11 plus I failed I was acedam thick as a brick
I was a lier a whore stupid an idiot BUT look at your brothers hes brilliant and he didnt go to private primary like you
Yet for all his failings my brother loved me adored me respected me till the day he died it was always MY SIS
He took the blame for loads of things cos he knew even at 6 Id get battered and never him
Lifes hard I could have done so many things I could have taken drugs they6 were always in the house
Could have drank myself in to stupours I never did could have been the whore i was told I was
There only been Bobbles I was the total opposite of my parents and brother and IT haunted me till 2003 when I broke

You dont kow really whats going on it could be something like shes scared of her sexuality?
Maybe she is being bullied mentally by some people?
Maybe shes scared of death my cousins daughter was and had to have Therapy for a couple of years in UK
Do you row? Home life can be so disabling to a child and an adult
Really though all you can do it sit her down tell her you kow theres probably more than she saying thats bothering her
BUT you wont push but your there it doesnt matter what it is anything in the world you love her unconditionally xxx
I told my son that at 15 when his pal rang me and said MRS SUE check on >>>>> hes having problems this was his pal
He was having problems it took us 2 years to get him to tell us when he did he was stunned  it made no difference
Hes now married happy with a lovely wife and maybe one day children who knows
Id loved to have had a so called normal family a MUM I could have loved and respected who loved me back
But for me it wasnt to be Bobbles parents died in a plane crash when he was 13 but he always knew he was adored
I recon God said OK Suzi Q your having him hes having you you fit and will always love and be there for each other
You will sort it  it may take 2 years like it did for me and Bobbles but with a loving MUM and family how can you fail :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »

What is 'normal'.  Parents often parent the way they were parented .........

Glad the School have taken a positive attitude.  It is easy during our teens to worry that the same stuff will happen in our family that is happening around us .........
Pages: 1 [2]