Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feel like #£%&  (Read 14890 times)

Joyce

Re: Feel like #£%&
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 04:05:48 PM »

Well she was about as much help as a chocolate teapot. Hadn't a Scooby. Only ran her fingers down my spine and tested reflexes, then said must be muscular spasms and that I could get physio. I told her physio not much use as last time by the time I got an appointment, pain had gone. Then she said it's common to get achy during the menopause. End of story. Gave me prescription for co-codamol and and Naproxen.  So guess I will just have to ask gynae consultant after all.  Here's hoping pain killers work.

littleminnie

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »

Co-codamol are very effective. I think doctors blame everything on the menopause.

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »

Going to use the cocodamol, not sure about the Naproxen having read the leaflet. Can cause stomach to bleed along with other nasties.  If it is really bad I will give them a go.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 05:38:20 PM »

:o Co-codamol-type meds have me on the bathroom floor after the 3rd tablet  :-\ - I stick to Ibuprofen .........

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »

It's actually Solpadol I've been given. Not sure if that's just another name for cocodamol. Took 2 at testime and they have sure kicked in.

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:42 PM »

Codeine can cause constipation. With me they just make me feel ill.

Did you ask about fibro.

Does not seem you are getting to the bottom of things. Is this your regular GP or one that you could get to see today. You maybe need to go back to someone you can talk things through with.
You need some answers not just pills.

I am frustrated on your behalf. It's not good enough.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »

So long as in the short term the pain is controlled: did you make a further appt.?

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »

If it's like the previous times I've had this pain, it has probably reached its peak, hopefully.  She warned me about getting constipated. Will worry about that later, got dulcoease at the ready. Hoping to only take strong painkillers at night and will try and cope with paracetamol and ibuprofen during the day.
I never asked about fibro. I asked if increasing HRT would help and that's when she said that meno ladies get aches and pains. Doubt she would have appreciated me saying much else.  Never seen her before, but she was only GP I could see at short notice. She just sat there looking like she hadn't a blooming clue.

Trey

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 12:43:04 AM »

Damn!  >:(

littleminnie

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

How have you gone on CG?

Babylon Burning

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »

God save us from useless GP's!  Hope you feel better soon.

rosie c

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 09:16:04 AM »

I have  fibro ... and it does sort of sound like it, cubagirl. I now go to a local support group... all ladies, all middle age, and the stories that I have heard about how they all eventually ended up with a correct diagnosis.... are just short of horrific. Bog standard pain killers dont usually touch fibro pain or the stiffness, physio is rubbish... you need a switched on Gp or an appointment with a rhemy. It may not be fibro... but you need some answers so you can go forward.

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »

Go back and see someone else.

Please don't be fobbed off. It's really not good enough to try and live in pain all the time.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

Coped, just, on the Solpadol during the night. Did wake with pain and just took paracetamol which of course was useless and ended up with 2 hot water bottles on different parts of my body, which certainly helped. Really stiff today though. Pains radiate round to my front ribcage when it's really bad. She said this was quite common with muscle spasms. I hate being a nuisance and feel like that every time I go to GP, especially when GP I'm registered under passed comment once on number of times I visit the surgery.
I'm still too scared to use the Naproxen, which is an anti-inflammatory. It says it can cause bleeding of stomach lining. I tried to ask chemist about it today, but she was way too busy.

catlady

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »

Hi
If you do use an anti-inflammatory and it helps, it's NOT fibro.
Fibro isn't caused by inflammation.

I can't take Solpodol, make me feel really ill and was sick as a dog! 

Ann x
Pages: 1 [2] 3