Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ladies loos  (Read 14531 times)

Joyce

Re: Ladies loos
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »

Blimey I've seen some pretty awful and strange loos in my time. Worst loo was an attended one in Portugal. Smell was unbelievable. I walked in and walked straight back out. Strangest was in Cuba. Basically a large cupboard in corner of a bar in Havana with lady handing out 2 squares of loo paper. Heaven help you if you needed more. Of course in these countries the paper doesn't go down the loo, but in a very unhygienic bin in the corner. I take nappy sacks with me and a small packet of tissues just in case.  As for the bugs you get on your handbag if you put it on the floor well.......  :sick02:
Toilet dreams, too realistic and strange to put on here.  ::)

ellie

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »

Lol Cubagirl I think we went to the same loo in Cuba.......just swing doors and anyone walking past could peer in.....truly awful  >:(. Also some loos abroad are just holes in the floor where you squat  :o

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »

I don't put my bag on the floor but I think it really would be alright u less you decide to lick your bag.

I would rather wee behind a tree than use a filthy toilet.

I have to admit to being a bit funny about such things. I will use elbows and feet rather than touch things. I know there are many more than me that do bizarre things in public loos. Only trouble is I have never seen anyone else go through the performance that I do.

Honeyb
X

pixie

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »

When mum goes to the public loos she never touches any of the handles - always uses a bit of toilet roll or wears gloves.  She never seems to get a cold.  I don't really like sitting on the seat, but sometimes ones legs aren't up to it and then I have to then I put loo roll on the seat before i sit on it!! I can't stand the smell of public loos. Its always worse than at home!  I could never do a 'number 2' in a public loo - be far to conscious of people waiting.

Those space age ones are terrible on trains. I remember I thought I had bolted myself in to the metal cubicle well and truly. Anyway I was daydreaming, on the loo with my jeans around my ankles, when the  door slowly openend allowing the whole of that carriage to witness me mid stream! :-\
Another time, I was perched on the loo at the back of a bus. The bus went speeding around a bend, the door flung open giving the opposite passengers a great laugh at my expense! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:14:53 PM by pixie »

lily

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »

My only real phobia with loos are that I might get locked in as I managed to  lock myself in my gran's one when little and could not open it again -  :o  someone had to come in through the bathroom window for me!  I do still lock them when I go, but I get a feeling of intense panic if the lock is stiff at all and I think I can't get out.  :'(

pixie

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 10:18:14 PM »

Oh dear yes!  Same happened to me at my cousins house.  Got locked in as a child. Ended up having to climb up onto a very small window sill and squeeze through a top window. Running commentary going on and instructions from the other side of the door/wall!! A fireman pulled me through the window and down the ladder at the other side. My cousins still look at that window in amazement and wonder how I managed to get through it! ;D

Firewalker50

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »

Blimey whatever next? To answer you though, not awfully sure I could.  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »

Not me that's for sure.

My mother is claustrophobic and someone always had to go to public loos with her as she would never lock the door. I always had to hold it closed.  ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »

;D  .......... when we were in Belgium the loos were multi-sexed, walked by the men using their urinals, into a cubicle - only to have lads climbing to the top of the wall to look over  :o  .........

When we went camping in France we would pull onto a site, I would dash to look at the loos - usually squat over a hole types in the South/Bordoeux region - and if there were AWFUL we would speed to the next site.  Fortunately we found one that was owned by a Dutch family and had PROPER fascilities.  We then bought a Porta-potty ..........

pixie

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 09:52:40 PM »

;D Its at times like that I think I would prefer a bush! 8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »

At one time I knew EVERY lay-by on the A5  ::)

Meggie

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:45 PM »

They say that women are like camels - they hang on to their water !!!

THAT'S PROBABLY WHY

Meggie

grumpy2008

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »

Haha! Funny thread! I used one of those French loos out of desperation once... saloon doors, hole in the ground... ughh. It was truly horrible.

Our local coffee shop has the loos 3 floors up and no lifts. I have the plan my visit to the loo half-an-hour in advance if i go there  ;)

Meggie

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 05:21:27 PM »

This will make you laugh .....

Before moving to France, my Father (80 years young) came on a visit with us.  We had to stop at an 'aire' for toilets en-route and said to Dad that these were of the hole in the ground variety with a rail to hold onto, to get back up after doing 'the business'.  Dad said 'Nay lass (he was from yorkshire) - I've been in the War and experienced much worse.

5 minutes later he came out, very red faced with wet trousers.  He'd not rolled up his trouser bottoms and wasn't very fast leaving the toilet.  Instead of the loo flushing, water sprayed out from the walls to wash away waste.  Most of it ended up in his turn-ups !! 

A very funny memory of a lovely Dad.

Meggie
Pages: 1 [2] 3