Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ladies loos  (Read 14522 times)

Joyce

Ladies loos
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »

Can anyone tell me why we generally have to walk further to spend a penny? Practically everywhere I've been in the UK makes us walk much further. One instance had me walking upstairs to find the loos. First door I came to was the Gents so naturally thought the next would be the ladies. But no. Several yards later and down another corridor I found the Ladies.  No wonder men are in & out and have shaken it all about in nano seconds.  ;D It's like an expedition to spend a penny for us girls. Then there's the queues. Although on this particular occasion there were too many loos to count. Somewhat unusual!

Scampi

Re: Ladies loos
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »

Because most architects are still men?!!

Occasionally, 'they' see sense - I once went to a needlework exhibition at Olympia in London.  The hall being used had 4 sets of toilets - 2 of each sex, but I'm sure you can imagine the women vastly outnumbered the men as such an event (I think most of the men were exhibitors!) - so they had made one of the sets of gents' loos into ladies' for the duration (there were no urinals - just cubicles, so other than the sign on the door and lack of sanitary bins and vending machine, the gents' was just like the ladies' anyway!).  Still a big queue when the show opened though - all those coach-loads needing a wee!!!!

littleminnie

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »

We went to an indoor shopping centre a while ago where the toilets were 'open plan'.  There were no doors to get into the main section of the toilets, but they were set out in such a way that nobody could see in. (the actual cubicles had doors). Much more hygienic, especially when some people don't wash their hands.

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »

Our newest shopping centre is like that too.  Cannot stand it when folk don't wash their hands. Think men are the worst for this.   :sick02:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »

However: if you consider that after using the loo we pull up knickers, tights, pull down skirts and generally tidy ourselves up; pick up handbag, open door and then ....... most of the germs will be long gone, on our CLOTHING  ::)

I use hand wash.  Rarely use the basins provided.  Today though, at the Zoo, the basins had lovely soap dispensers plus instant warm water - by putting hands under the tap, automatic turn on.  BUT - I had to walk 6 feet to the hand driers so all that water fell onto the floor, no health and safety there then  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:57 PM »

I have a friend who owns a cafe. She says women wash their hands far more often than men do in her cafe. The bins are always full of paper towels in the ladies and only a few in the men's.
They still have to open doors and they sometimes get wee on their hands.

That's another reason why I will never accept an unwrapped mint in a restaurant. Yuk.....tests have shown they are usually contaminated with wee.
I won't touch a door handle on the way out of a public loo. I use a clean hanky and then throw it in the next bin.

I judge a place by the loos. If they can't keep them clean what's the betting the kitchen is not much better.

And as for putting mother and baby rooms in the toilets.....who wants to feed a baby in a toilet........unreal.

Honeyb
X

lily

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »

My mum had a phobia of toilets and I remember when I was liitle, she used to hold me above the toilet as she didn't want me sitting on the seat - good job I wasn't a heavyweight!

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »

The only toilet I really like is..........mine.    ;D

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

I'm the same HB!

Lily that brought back memories. My mum taught me to hover!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 10:37:26 AM »

I hate using loos away from home ........ late M in L was the worst, as soon as we arrived there I would need to 'go', she would stand outside the door asking whether I wanted a cup of tea when all I wanted was Peace and quiet  >:(  .......... and I LOVE my 'new' bathroom, even after 6 years  :-*

littleminnie

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »

Hand Gel (which I always carry in my bag) on toilet paper to clean the seat, if I have to go whilst I'm out.

ellie

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:06 AM »

I have a Radar key for disabled toilets, these are usually very clean.  :)

Elena

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 12:44:31 PM »

I've always hovered too (taught by mum) but it's bad for us!! 

Same with peanuts on bar counters HB  - yuk!  cos the majority of men DONT wash their hands. 

CLKD you're not telling us you put your handbag on the toilet floor??!!   :o :o :o :o

I've seen some disgusting public loos in my time, the worst by far being near the top of Mount Etna.  Dont think I will ever forget those.

Does anybody else have weird dreams about toilets?  Apparently it's quite common  ;D

lily

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 01:43:12 PM »

Re-putting handbag on toilet floor  :o hideous!  Also for safety reasons (I have visions of people putting their hand through space underneath and making off with a bag on floor), I always put mine on hook on door or if not one, on the cistern or shelf if any - failing all that, I keep it round my arm.  If I go into a truly disgusting loo, I walk straight back out and hold on until I find a better one.  I don't think I've ever dreamt about a toilet though  ;D

Elena

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 02:22:11 PM »

If all else fails I hang mine round my neck!

My toilet dreams are truly bizarre...
Pages: [1] 2 3