Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Psychic Animals  (Read 8507 times)

honeybun

Psychic Animals
« on: April 30, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »

Has anyone got a pet that can read your mind.

I swear my little dog can. She picks up on food related stuff. I can be in the kitchen considering what veg to have with dinner. If it's carrots or peas, before I even get them out of the cupboard she is at my feet. If it's cabbage or broccoli, then there is no sign.
If I think of baked beans or cheese the same thing happens.

My kids come and go at strange hours......She takes up place in the hall a good 15 mins before they appear.

If someone is unwell she is the foot or lap warmer. It's the same if anyone is upset.

I am sure she is not alone but it's quite uncanny how she seems to know.

Honeyb
X

Pennyfarthing

Re: Psychic Animals
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:27:21 PM »

We used to have a cat who knew what time we'd all come home.  He used to sit on the wall and greet us.

We also have 2 horses which we keep in a large field 10 mins walk away from our house.  The people who live near the field say our horses always know when we're going down there.  They start running about for a while and actually stop eating!!

We also have a dog and I can look at him and think something like "do you want to go outside" and not say a word and he'll run to the patio doors. 

ariadne

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »

HB, I have heard about dogs that wait at the door just before their owners return home so I'm sure it's true.

My old cat knew when I was feeling very unwell and would be like a comforter - so sweet and loving. No chance of that with my new one - she's a little minx - it's self, self, self  ;D

A Siamese I had years ago was very smart. If I concentrated on thinking "Come to me" , he would often appear from wherever he'd been. He was very attached to me but disliked most other people.

I have read about dogs that can detect cancer too.

I wonder how they can sense such things? Amazing that she knows what you are going to cook :)

ariadne xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »

Have you ever read anything by Rupert Sheldrake Honeybun? You might find this interesting http://www.ru.org/consciousness/the-unexplained-powers-of-animals.html

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »

Thanks Taz....that was fascinating.

Mine is quite uncanny. We have had fun with her. Me in the kitchen thinking of a food that she likes and she is with OH in a different room. It never ever fails.
We have tried it with me sitting in the living room and thinking of a food and she goes and waits in the kitchen before I get out the chair.

She does like her food though.   ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »

I had his book from the Library but found it boring  ::)

My little cat would keep me company when I was depressed.  My JR used to know when I was coming home: I worked 7 miles away so she couldn't have heard my motorbike.  But she got out of her basket about 20 mins before I walked in the door  ::)

There are many assistance dogs: cancer 'sniffers', epilepsy alert dogs, dogs for deaf people, those that help with autistic children ...... they have inner and outer senses  ;)

lily

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:11:13 PM »

I use cartons of UHT skimmed milk in my tea and coffee and my dog always seems to know when I'm due to open a new one. He knows he gets some in his dish as it's always so full that it spills on the bunker if I try to pour it in my tea as soon as it's been opened.  I keep the new unopened ones in the larder and he always knows that's what I've gone for, even before the kettle has come to the boil!  I've tried to fool him by going to the larder for a biscuit while the kettle is still boiling and he doesn't move a muscle but if it's the milk I'm going for he follows me.   

Trey

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »

My dogs team up to put thoughts into my head.  It's fascinating.  If I even think walk, with absolutely no change in my demeanor, they go to the front door.  Every time!  Sometimes, it's annoying.

Dyan

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 09:33:35 AM »

Yes I do believe animals have a psychic sense especially dogs.
I was sitting on the sofa one day and my dog was looking passed me at something and making a low growling noise.
I turned to see what it was but it was just the blank wall behind.
She was looking just over my shoulder.
I believe she could have seen someone.
At the time I thought it could have been my dad who had died- who knows?

When any member of the family is ill or upset she is there to comfort them.
The other day I was having a good meno howl,as I was having bad anxiety,and she put herself really close to me.

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »

Oh most definitely!! We had a little dog many years ago and our parents were coming to visit by train for the holidays. We took her with to the station to fetch them, and about 5 mins before the train even arrived or was even in sight, she began to get terribly excited and when it came into the station she started running and pulling me down the platform wildly until she stopped at their compartment and they were not even leaning out the window, it had been months since she had last seen them,  how she knew, I still dont know, was absolutely amazing to witness, they def have a 6th sense, bless them!