Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How do you get scars to fade  (Read 13000 times)

Rowan

Re: How do you get scars to fade
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »

I used the Kelicote until I run out of it, but it didn't stop the lumpy scaring, I don't like Bio oil and I don't think it works (this is my own opinion) and not keen on the smell.

What I do like and use is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Body Oil sesame seed oil (they make no claims) its very softening and non greasy perfect for skin and light scars, it makes a good neck moisturizer too.

Plastic surgeons recommend Vaseline to keep scars supple (once the healing process has started) you could mix a Vitamin E ( pierced) in some and have your own scar treatment. 

Another suggestion formulated by plastic surgeons ( who should know about scars) is Heal Gel Advanced Skin Rescue repair Formula you can get it on Amazon, a but pricy though.

Personally I think its time that decides whether scars fade or not whatever you use and if you skin is genetically disposed to Keloid or Hypertrophic scars or not.

Suzi Q

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »

Id just use fake tan
Keep it soft with J Baby lotion unless oyu have the tissue removed and plastric surgery
IM sorry but all you can do is make the skin area more supple and feel a bit softer xxxxxxxxx

pixie

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:29 PM »

I think you would end up with a scar with a yellowish tinge  and all streaky brown bits in the crevices! Suzi  ;D

I think time is the main healer like you say Silverlady.  :)

Not totally convinced of any of these products, but possibly something like vaseline sounds very sensible.
Pages: 1 [2]