Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mirtazapine  (Read 20274 times)

honeybun

Re: Mirtazapine
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »

CKLD

Curious to know how a new born can have a phobia. Was this something that your mother told you. I have emetaphobia [sp] and I can trace it back to when I was about ten years old. What phobia is it that you developed so early in life.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »

Emitophobia - I was intubated as a baby due to feeding difficulties and it is believed that the responses learned at that time have deeply embedded in my brain so that I cannot over-ride the physical feelings.  I was diagnosed as anorexic at the age of 5 ..........  :-\

Elena

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »

Thanks All

she had some very successful CBT when she was 15 and then again a few years ago.  She is now 24.  Her problems are complex.

Smudgesmum I'll message you later re the company you mention as I'm not sure I am understanding it correctly.  Meno brain plus too much sun!!

Dyan

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »

Just an update on the Mirtazapine I've been taking for one week.
On a positive note I do feel as though they are kicking in as I have no or very little anxiety but on the negative I feel so distant and numb and down not depressed as before.
I know it is still early days but is there anyone out there who is taking this AD and felt the same?

I googled Mirtazapine and it said that it is one of the fastest ADs to work.
Usually beginning to work within one - 2 weeks.

I have never been on an AD that has started to kick in so quickly
I am on 15mg.

It would be reassuring to hear of anyone else's experiences of this AD.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

distant; numb; that's how I am on a 'good' day  ::) - then I need to remember how I feel when not on medication ........ hopefully these feelings will pass, or you will become used to them.  Are you less 'hung over'?

Dyan

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

:rofl:CLKD - yes I'm less 'hung over'  ;D.
I'm taking the tablet earlier now.
I should know better really because I've been here before and I know this distant feeling etc etc will pass.

I was shopping this morning and I saw a friend of mine who I hadn't seen for a long time but knew she suffered from depression.
While I was talking to her I became very anxious as she was telling me that it has been 3 years  shes been on different meds and she's no better.

I just wanted to get out of the shop.
I kept telling myself " you're ok,you're ok" as I did the shopping and really felt for my friend.
I know I'll be fine once I'm over this blip.
My friend is 39,so probably not menopausal yet ,so she has all this to come as well.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »

"I know this distant feeling etc etc will pass  .... "

knowing isn't the same as 'being' though  ;).  I can tell myself when the phobia kicks in all kidns of positive re-inforcements, but the brain doesn't tell the gut  >:( and the anxiety can take over until I am unable to move  :-\

At least you are getting some relief.  That has to be a good start.  As for the person you met who hasn't had a result from medication in 3 years  ??? - go back to the GP perhaps!
Pages: 1 [2]