Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Worrys about getting older  (Read 20700 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Worrys about getting older
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

Honeybun - I am a different person by T-time, so have had to learn not to say 'yes' to anything for the following day but to wait until morning - to see if I am less anxious.  It rules my Life at times  :-\  ......... but acceptance is the key, although i want to visit Italy I know that the axniety makes it impossible.  I have to remind myself that I went - OK I was 18 - but I have done that.  UK holidays are OK ........ lots to see and do.  I do feel as if time is passing me by but DH and I are working on our plans for the next 6 months  ;)

bramble

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »

I also lack the energy. I make plans in my head especially in the evening when I am feeling reasonable but when morning comes they just fade away.

Honeyb
X

I find this as well. It is strange that I always feel better at night time and think that nothing is beyond me but in the morning it takes me all my time just to get out of bed and get going. ..........
Bramble

honeybun

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »

It's so hard. I am now not making any plans or letting anyone down. I wait and see how I feel in the morning before making any plans.

I call it being spontaneous......or a bloomin coward depending on your point of view.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

Spontaneous sounds good, proactive even   8)

pixie

Re: Worrys about getting old
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2013, 08:49:59 PM »

Italy is the best place especially Sorrento, Amalfi,Pompei etc. I am sure you would be looked after there. The people are wonderful  :)

Suzi Q

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 03:41:15 AM »

On a slightly different tack about getting older - about 6 years ago I decided I would like a motor/camper van so we spent 3 years looking, debating, deciding - then didn't buy one for several reasons, logical at the time.  6 months ago I was left a nice sum of money which went into the slush fund.  Yesterday I found a small camper which would suit us better than those we looked at previously but DH has said 'no'.  We have to wait until we see what is left when Mum has used her Pension etc., but I feel that she may require long-term nursing care, or I will be too old to enjoy a camper if she lives to be 100  ::)  :-\  ........ he hasn't noticed but I am not speaking to him this afternoon  :'(

OK its YOUR MONEY you can always sell the camper IF MUM needs help
Whats the point of having extra dosh sitting in bank getting what 1% interest if that
What for we have 1 life and as I said to our Tish this am its scarey to think we are (some of us)
Nearer 80 than 40 (nearly for me) So just chat top DH say this is what YOU want for the 2 of you for NOW!
Just a thought did hubbie really want the camper things last time? Did he come up with the Logical reasons why not?
If so maybe he doesnt really fancy it? big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elena

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2013, 07:19:04 AM »

HB I am the same with the morning/afternoon feeling. I make plans that come to nothing because of my anxiety and my listlessness/apathy.  Like CLKD I feel that time and life is slipping away.

I wish I KNEW what it was that I want to do, that would help.  I want to do so much.  Travel around the UK, go across Scotland on the train that travels from Mallaig to the other side.  See so much.  But half the time I dont even leave the armchair as I get addicted to the Internet.

Got to go now.  Stuff to do today.  Mustnt waste more time on here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:19 AM »

Yep SuziQ we had *that* conversation  ;)
I can plan but then my heart begins to race and my gut wrench with anxiety  :-\ ...... which is why self catering worked for me and now I can go to small guest houses or really large Hotels!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]