Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Symptoms of periods finishing.  (Read 6107 times)

Annie26

Symptoms of periods finishing.
« on: April 17, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »

Hello Everyone.
I think I may have moved into the next stage. I went to my gp who referred me for counselling as I was having hot flashes, palpitations etc. This was a few months ago. 
I had a nasty bout of flu just over a month ago and was in bed for nearly a week felt awful.  My period came on  while I was off ill - 3 days late and lasted 12 days.  This month I am now 14 days over I had the usual low back ache, feeling that I may come on--twinges on one side of stomach.  I am slightly bloated which I get before a period. All symptoms have gone now. Except for this tiredness. I used to be able to spring out of bed and rush around but I feel so tired and have to drag myself out of bed.
I will be 49 in May.  My skin is drier than normal and my hair is getting thinner.
Any advice appreciated.

Taz2

Re: Symptoms of periods finishing.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 07:41:37 AM »

Hi Annie - sorry to hear you have been feeling so tired and not your usual self. You say that your GP referred you for counselling because of hot flushes and palpitations? Did this GP offer you HRT at all? I'm not sure how counselling will cure these meno symptoms unless your GP failed to spot the menopause connection of course!

The tiredness may still be to do with the fact you have had flu - it can take a couple of months before energy levels return to normal.

The dry skin and thinner hair are also all part and parcel of a reduction in hormone levels or, sometimes, can be a sign of anaemia. Has your doc run blood tests just to rule out any other causes?

Taz x