Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bit worried  (Read 17585 times)

Elena

Re: Bit worried
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »

oh dear HB.  Though you do seem to have found some humour in the situation, which is good  :)

Hope dr visit is productive.

English Rose

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 09:31:01 PM »

Night sweats can be caused by anaemia (as well as the menopause) - but presumably as your Mum's bloods have been checked then she should have been screened for this too (?)  Hope she is feeling better soon x

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »

GP is coming this morning.

I have a couple of days off as I have covered for sis so she could do some stuff so not back till Sunday.

It will be nice just to have a little break because it's pretty full on just now and it does make me tired.

I have googled night sweats as a symptom but there are so many causes.

Honeyb
X

Elena

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »

Enjoy the break HB, you certainly deserve it   :bighug:

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 09:24:34 AM »

Enjoy the break Honeyb.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »

Feet up, cuppa and Very Good Book?

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 12:39:43 PM »

GP has heard something wrong in her chest. She is to go for an X-Ray.

She has anti biotic and he wants another urine sample tested.

Steps forward perhaps.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »

Hopefully the X-ray will be performed during next week so that the results are through sooner rather than later.  At least he is giving your Mum anti-biotic 'cover' ......... how is her tummy?

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:55 PM »

Her tummy seems to be ok at the moment. It comes out of the blue. One minute ok and then the next she is sick. It's as if her stomach just rejects food. She will be sick once and that's generally it.

She will go for the x Ray next week but the results are always slow.

Hope it's nothing sinister.

How can she have a chest infection without a cough.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

Easy.  Infections can settle into the lungs causing non-specific signs i.e. no cough but still cause enough mucos irritation to be problematic.  You could ring her GP next week if you are worried?  and ask the question.  Would you prefer to know what else he is looking for so that you can have time to absorb any bad news?

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:02 PM »

Thanks CLKD.....I did not know that.

Nope don't want to know.....Just take things as they come....no sense in having more sleepless nights than I have to. She had an x Ray last year when she had a compression fracture in her spine....that's when they picked up the enlarged heart. It may be nothing more than an infection in which case the ABs should sort it.

I know this sounds terrible but we want her well for sis and I to get away on our hols. We go different weeks but if she,was unwell neither of us would be happy to leave the other to manage. We don't go far away so we can vet back home quickly if needed.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 02:27:01 PM »

Will they xray her chest only HB or will they check further down too, ie her tummy area? Or does that sound like a really silly question.
Brother and I had similar problem one year with our mum regarding holidays. Brother managed to find her a nice care home for respite care so we knew she'd be looked after. Would that be an option maybe?

honeybun

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

Just chest X-Rays I think.

I would love her to go into respite care. It would really take the strain off. I even found one that would take her and the dog.....it was lovely.

That idea went down like a lead balloon. I told her it would be a holiday for her too but true to form anything I suggest gets shot down.......now if my sister were to suggest it it would be different. My sis has got a bit of the martyr about her and is a committed Christian. We could not be more different if we tried.

Having a very Christian sister can be very wearing......especially when I know what she is really like.... :-X

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »

Suggest it to your sister.
After, she has looked after your mum for a couple of days........
Remember to remind her you are feeling like ****** at the moment.
Wouldn't do any harm to remind your mum either.

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »

Have spoken to big sis......She has the X-Ray card. GP has asked for three different things to be looked for.
She can't make out his writing so we don't know. She said he looked a bit concerned......of course she could be wrong.

Anyone any idea what he could be looking for.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4