Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Boston Marathon  (Read 27505 times)

lily

Re: Boston Marathon
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 10:58:07 AM »

Scary that two brothers, one only 19 years old, along with three more people who are in custody, could plan and succeed in bombing the Boston marathon.  Again though, like most of these things, it has become apparent that the eldest one (shot dead early yesterday and had recently become a devout Muslim who prayed five times a day - what are these Muslim's teaching people?) came to attention two years ago - how can these people then go on to cause such devastation?  More loss of life during their getaway attempt, they killed a policeman and severely wounded another officer.  The mother of the eight year old boy that was killed has brain injuries and his sister lost a leg - how do a family come through all that?  Scary, scary f***ed up world!  Sorry, rant over!

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »

The world has been like this for a long, long time. The Crusades began in 1095 and nothing much has changed since!

Taz x  :(

Trey

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »

I'm so confused.  This morning a crowd was chanting, USA, USA and I don't get it.  Why weren't they chanting, Violence, Background checks.   The FBI was alerted in 2011 about the older terrorist.  Talk about a lousy background check.  The little girl, who loved to dance, now lost one leg and possibly part of the other............ :'(

This isn't a sports event

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »

Where there are men there will be violence.
We began the Crusades  :sigh:  ........ and I think that the Muslim World is now getting it's own back  :-\
However: OUR MARATON TOMORROW - BBC 1 - hope the sun shines like it has today  :-*

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »

Sun is great for the spectators but not so good for the runners.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »

True Muslims don't preach death or killing in the name of Allah, Fundamentalist take the teachings out of context and this is what they are instructing and teaching these terrorists, nothing to do with Muslims getting there own back, most ordinary Muslims will be horrified at the pure evil of these men.

There has been more people killed in the name of religion through the ages including Christians and to me it makes me doubt the point of it
all.

Limpy

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2013, 06:00:05 PM »

There has been more people killed in the name of religion through the ages including Christians and to me it makes me doubt the point of it
all.

Religion, whatever it is, usually is not good

Trey

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 06:42:10 PM »

Amen :'(

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »

There are extremists in every religion. There are also so many more good decent people in the world.
Only trouble is being quiet and decent does not bring notoriety which some crave.

No matter our thoughts on religion we should never judge by the actions of a few.

I was brought up in a deeply divided society. Protestants and Catholics.....some of it was terrible and things happened that I will never forget. My parents fortunately were not religious or bigoted so that helped.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »

They are off !

Taz2

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 10:32:44 AM »

Who?

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 01:43:59 PM »

Oh keep up!  the Marathon runners in London  ::) .......... sunshine, good atmosphere, lots of encouragement ......... from my armchair  ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »

Its the stealth the worry we have of being anti Muslim anti Migrants anti this that and the other
I had a weird but sad conversation with a lovely young muslim women here in ozz she was about late 20s
We were in a shopping mall my pal had gone to buy make  up and i was sitting dow and this little boy 3ish runs up to me MUMS chasing him she wasnt over covered Long full blouse like covering in grey and full headscarf
she said sorry we got chatting she burst in to tears said she was so lonely Her hubbie was a Doctor
they been in Nrth of England for 5 years where there were loads of Muslims Then they moved Here to Ozz
Shed been here 2 years and couldnt understand why people didnt acept her she asked if it was the headress
I said love I dont know but it puts a barrier between people after wed chatted she got up and i just did what anyone would do hugged her She held tight kissed me on my cheeks and said Thank you and off she went
My first thought after shed gone was wonder what her hubbie would have said this middle aged women with a low top
Jeans spikey hair and 3 crosses visable on my kneck bet hed not have liked it then I thought maybe I was wrong
I dont care what the parsnts say about their sons cos they are their sons and they olove them
If only good decent Mulahs would stand say these things are wrong If only muslim people did the same but most dont
They keept their heads down and say nothing and whats that saying
All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing
Perhaps now its time no matter how hard it sounds that migration and the mix Of some  cultures and religions is halted
The Muslim people  who migrate to the west  it  is not always happy for them Yes they are better of health financlially
BUT They find it hard to acept wests way of lifeMaybe helping them finacially and investing in their country of origin
May be better for them be with their family have jobs  live their culture religion in their land with no anger 2 the weat
In this 2nd age of terror in my adult life maybe it doesnt work mixing and rearanging a Western Countries make up
Some migrants arent happy they dont accept the wests way even though they live there  thats the passed on to kids
They want to live the Muslim way and have the rules of the Muslim ways but in a Christian or secular country
 It really just makes me sad that anyone is hurt even the 2 young mens parents

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

Sorry - totally forgot - not something I really take an interest in but I am in full admiration of those who take part in it!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »

It's an age thing  ;D

SuziQ - that was a powerful piece!  I know of areas in the UK the parents won't intergrate.  The children are allowed to go to School then home and only mix with their own heritage.  I suppose it's a bit like ex-pats who go to mainland Europe - never learn the language, don't mix with the 'locals' much  :-\ but because we dress in similar fashion, ex-pats don't stand out in the same way.

Here in the Midlands I would love to go up to some of these young girls with their beautiful headscarves etc. and talk about their dress code.  But a nearly 60 year old woman ...........  :-\ ...........
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5