Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bright yellow pee with supplements?!!  (Read 20901 times)

lily

Bright yellow pee with supplements?!!
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

Hi all

I was going to buy Evening Primrose oil and starflower oil today and bought a supplement which has both in it.  It's Wellwoman Vitabiotics - took one after dinner and I've just done a bright (need sunglasses bright) yellow pee  :o :o  Does anyone know if this is down to one of the micronutrients and a normal effect of it?  It also has citrus bioflavonoids, carotenoids, zinc, magnesium, iron and other things in it.

littleminnie

Re: Bright yellow pee with supplements?!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »

Hi Lily, I take Berroca vitamin drink sometimes, that does the same.
X

Firewalker50

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:06:47 PM »

Hi Lily. I have not had that one but I have had bright yellow pee before with various supplements including multiple vit B.

Fx

lily

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:09:56 PM »

Thanks ladies - panic over!  I checked on internet too after I posted and someone said that it's great, but does turn urine bright yellow.  Hoping to be feeling and looking better soon - hair, skin and nails have been horrible lately.

ellie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:18:49 AM »

Yes can be scary Lily have done that myself.....also eating beet root can give you red/pink wee  ::).

grumpy2008

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »

I've had that with vit B complex supplements... don't quote me, but I think if your body doesn't need/absorb it then you wee it out, hence the colour  :D.

I recently had an operation (long story) where a blue dye was injected , and for a day or two my wee was blue!!! Freaky!

lily

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 06:19:06 PM »

Thanks ellie and grumpy - I've never had the red wee with beetroot.  Blue wee must have been  :madeyes: That's interesting about not needing/absorbing it - wonder which though or if it doesn't absorb because you don't need it?  I was surprised that one capsule would do that, will keep taking them just now and will see if it keeps happening or settles down.

Firewalker50

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

Hi Lily

Urine is supposed to turn yellow with B vits.
The vits are absorbed, used and then excreted in urine.

I have always had yellow wee with B vits complex although little or none with B12 from what I noticed.

F x

lily

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Thanks for explaining that - I have taken evening primrose before and it did not happen then.  I've not taken capsule today though as I did not feel too great this morning and didn't know whether to blame it or not - I'd be terrible on hrt as I'd think anything that happened to me was because of it!