Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56

Author Topic: All things gardening  (Read 201943 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: All things gardening
« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2023, 03:09:39 PM »

:o  ;D

Snow gone from here.  For now  ::).  Yesterday was a success, however, I soon nipped back inside this afternoon as the wind is COLD ! 🥶. Every morning something else pops up or opens. 

CLKD

« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2023, 02:47:02 PM »

More weeding/planting this morning once the cold wind swung round.  More spawn laid over night   8).  Birds singing, collecting nesting material .......

every day something new opens  :)

CLKD

« Reply #737 on: March 27, 2023, 03:02:49 PM »

Since we moved here in the 1980s the front border has had about 12 different ideas thus far  ::).  Hebe plants got caught by the cold spell B4 C.mas so those that died have been hoiiked out  :-\.  Spent some money on two small shrubs that are in f lower now, as well as 9 heather plants ...... all into the ground whilst removing celandines !!! which spread like Covid  >:(

Jeans muddy.  Knackered in a nice way.  Cuppa to hand  8)

CLKD

« Reply #738 on: April 01, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

Earth is sticky.  Removed more celandines this morning B4 planting two shrubs that flower at this time of year  :) 8).  Jeans, shoes, jumper all muddied up  :-\.  Jeans will never see a wash as they lay under the radiator until dried, ready for the next trip into the garden. 

CLKD

« Reply #739 on: April 19, 2023, 01:31:17 PM »

Every morning something new appears  8) - daffs and tulips long 4gotten about  :-*

Instead of chocolate for Easter I had a barrow load of plants, now all set - I can C gaps  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #740 on: April 26, 2023, 01:34:42 PM »

The wisteria has flower buds  :ola: :banana:

This is the 4th plant we have tried here, in other parts of the village they bloom spectacularly.  Hopefully this 1 will get its feet into the ground - plants often take 3-4 years b4 they get bedded in - and take off up the apple tree :: watch this space  8)

Our garden is lush, I've had 2 compliments this week  :-*

C.C.

« Reply #741 on: April 27, 2023, 04:59:46 PM »

Finally, my garden is showing life.  My lilacs are budding flowers, my perennials are leafing (is that a word?), tulips are opening up when the sun gets to the front of the house, peonies are up, irises are ready to bloom.  I am going to do a once-over and see if I lost anything during the particularly bad winter we had. I usually lose something every spring and then I have to find something hardier to replace it.

CLKD

« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2023, 09:45:19 AM »

Lilacs are lovely - several showing buds locally, as are ceanothus which are in the main, blue.  Mine has large buds :-)

This morning I have tipped out 2 pots of old earth, put more crocks in the bottom and topped up: 3 sweet pea and  3 sunflower seeds in, once those germinate I may add nasturtiums in the same pots.  No sign of vine weevil though I must water all the pots soon.

Mason\solitary bees R investigating the 'hotels' which get all day 🌞 , some of the holes are empty so last year's young have flown  8).  Exciting  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #743 on: May 01, 2023, 02:02:58 PM »

Have moved a pale pink pulmonaria today, it was getting overwhelmed by shrubs.  Dug out lots of celandines, putting back worms B4 re-siting the plant.  Very hot in the sunshine so inside now.

Emma74

« Reply #744 on: May 01, 2023, 07:23:28 PM »

Gardening is my soul food. I don't have a very big garden but I find it so medative just pottering away. I would have gone mad many years ago if I didn't have my garden! Its been a slow start this year. I've a few veggie seeds coming up but not much. I don't mind though, its the hands in earth that matters.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #745 on: May 02, 2023, 08:24:10 AM »

Soul food - love it  8)

I have to wear gloves when gardening .

CLKD

« Reply #746 on: May 12, 2023, 08:44:33 AM »

Cammasias [sp] are flowering, they were in pots last year which I split and planted around the plot.  Lush, a mix of 'weeds' for the bees, shrubs, Summer bulbs, wiegilia in flower ........ must B doing something right.

Moved a ceanothus on Wed., it wasn't getting enough ☀️.  Two more to plant ......... 1 has variegated leaves. 

As well as birds and hedgehogs  8)

I love lilacs - from our landing window I can see a very large deep purple and two white plants in various gardens down the estate. 

Minusminnie

« Reply #747 on: May 13, 2023, 04:58:10 PM »

Thanks for the warning. 
We’ve been to a local village hall plant sale today which I find much the best way to buy any plants now.  You then get plants that generally will then do okay in your area. Can be a bit of a jumble sale tussle but hey ho !

CLKD

« Reply #748 on: May 13, 2023, 06:47:07 PM »

Have U contacted Trading Standards jaypo, who may be building a file on this Company?  Do they advertise in the national press, if so a note to the advertising office?  I've given up buying from companies because I'm always disappointed in the sizes of the plants  ::).  Prefer to buy as seen ........

Minusminnie

« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2023, 07:55:05 AM »

Haha was it elbows at dawn MM.

;D

I managed to get a tray with several Cerinthe which someone must have brought on from seed and a rooted cutting of Kerria Pleniflora which i can bring on. 
Another sale more elbows next week !
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56