Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bilateral salpingectomy  (Read 29438 times)

Firewalker50

Re: Bilateral salpingectomy
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

Hi Pixie

Just read your thread.  Sounds very positive, so sending you hugs and healing thoughts for quick recovery.

I hear you about the discharge without medication - nonsensical.

Fx

pixie

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »

:Thanks, I look about 7months pregnant, but been for a walk around the block! I shouldn't have had lentil and veggie soup for lunch!!!  ;D

Its amazing what they can do keyhole these days.  My sister had her hysterectomy that way (keeping her ovaries), and recovered really quickly and was able to do long distance travel after a month! ....so if any of you need a hysterectomy - its maybe the way to go! x
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:27:16 PM by pixie »

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 03:32:42 PM »

Pixie so glad it went well and you are now home.

It seems absolutely stupid to discharge somebody, saying change the dressing.
Then  not supplying the dressing........ Duh    :o

Lentil and veggie soup sounds horribly like you are still dieting / fasting, surely not!
You need you strength, eat girl eat  ;)

pixie

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 05:13:29 PM »

Hi Limpy, no not dieting, in fact just eaten a whole lot of Italian Almond biscuits which were in a tin from Xmas!   They were very crunchy and ate the whole lot!! Anaesthetic always makes me crave things I never normally eat.  I feel a bit better now. X ;) ;)
Been for a walk.

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »

Hi Pixie, very glad to hear you aren't dieting.
Almond biscuits sound to be just the thing   ;D

Enjoy the walks, they must help to make you feel "you" again.
Make sure you don't overdo it!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »

Don't over do the exercise!  Glad you are home ......  :tulips2:

ariadne

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »

Hi Pixie, glad you are home and that the operation went well. Take it easy  :foryou:

ariadne xx

pixie

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »

Thanks girls, I'm a bit windy-  good job I'm not still lighting the boiler with a match  ;D x

Trey

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2013, 01:08:29 AM »

:rofl: :rofl:

pixie

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 05:07:50 PM »

Just comparing how different my experience this time was to my the laproscopy I had done 13 years ago.  What a difference.  The first time, I was in a hospital bed and wheeled down.  The doctors/anasthetist came into the room to talk to me. I was wheeled into the anaesthetics room and not transferred to the theatre until asleep.

This time, I was on a trolley with 8 others also in the same bay. I was called out of the room to go into other rooms to speak to various medical staff.  When it was time to go to the op, I walked down and then had to sit in the holding bay, whilst I talked to the surgeon.  Afterwards I walked into the operating room and was asked to get on the table!  How things have changed with the cuts and how obvious the sad state of things in the NHS is.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »

What: no pre-med  :o  .........  :medal:

Enough wind to fly a kite then?  ???

Limpy

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »

Pixie how are you?

Things sound very different now to 13 years ago. How long did you have to wait around in the different bays?

Hope the wind has diminished.
Trust you've had less lentil and vegetable soup!   ;D

pixie

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »

;D The wind has gone....as long as I don't talk too much! Wounds healing well - just a bit sore. No more lentils, but at least bowels working! x  I didn't have to wait for very long in the "holding bay". It was very similar to collecting a parcel from Amazon at my nearest post office depot!

Thanks for the medal. Paracetamol was the premed! :) x
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:40:32 PM by pixie »

pixie

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Latest post op blog.  Doing well.  Been out walking twice and doing some light housework.  Continue to have soreness at incision sites and crampy pains - but healing.  However not taking as much pain relief now, so more noticeable!! No signs of infection and feeling well otherwise.

Tips for anyone having laproscopic surgery or any gynae/pelvic surgery.  Make sure your bowels are empty before operation.  I gave myself a glycerine suppository and as a result avoided a lot of tummy discomfort.  Take some peppermints or extra strong mints for afterwards.  It relieves the wind that they pump into you.  Also try and move about asap! ;)

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »

I agree with moving around as soon as is possible following surgery.  It helps get the muscles moving, bowels active and any wind disippated  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4