Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Huge painful boobs and bloating  (Read 9112 times)

Sarai

Huge painful boobs and bloating
« on: April 09, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »

I'm 51 and though I thought I was in meno 2 years ago I clearly wasn't.
Periods went back to a neat 28 days, boobs were behaving no pain and bloating.
Now though certain migraines, the boobs keep blowing up so big and painful complete with bloating I feel 9 months pregnant.
This month the period is late which would be fine but I feel like a Michelin man. Sat down I can barely breath the boobs are so heavy.
I recently swapped to high strength star flower oil from evening primrose but to no avail. I also take B complex.
I'm worried if the period does not come how will I get release from this discomfort.
Is there an end to boob issues? I used to be a neat 34A and was happy. Now I am an E cup.
Can anybody offer any ideas to help?

Suz

Re: Huge painful boobs and bloating
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »

Hi Sarai,

It's a pain gng from no periods to all the symptoms...

I remember the same symptoms before mine, which come sometimes and after a few days disappear.
Unfortunately, apart from 'ride it out' I can't think of anything else.

Hormonal drop/fluctuations will cause all the symptoms you describe. The only thing I used to do is take an antihistamine, as it could be a bit of an allergic reaction to own progesterone as well. Painkillers and a pill to reduce bloat: drink loads of water and wear loose clothing.
Antihistamine, if you don't know which one works for you, go for the chlorphenamine maleate, but take only before bed as causes drowsiness.
In my experience it consistently works, whereas, other active ingredients are trial and error.

Suz

Elena

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »

Sarai is it JUST your boobs that are bloating up so?  My stomach loves to bloat on a daily basis, really annoying and uncomfortable.  I am assuming that going from an A cup to an E cup you have put weight on all over?  Dont mean to sound rude but if you havent it would be a bit odd I would have thought.

GP used to give me Primrose oil but you say you've just switched to Starflower oil from that.  Not sure what else to suggest.  Blimmin meno  >:(

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »

Milliemoo, I was an A cup in my 20's but after my last pregnancy 17 years ago they just grew and grew.
Granted I weigh more now than in my 20's when I was 7.5 stone as I am 9.5 stone now but was shocked when I got a proper bra fitting to find I am now an E cup.
They feel like pregnancy boobs, in pain and so heavy.
Is there hope that they will shrink and stop hurting after meno? If not I seriously will consider a boob job.

Elena

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »

Ah ok, that makes more sense then if your boobs grew after you had your last child. Dont know why they grew and grew, but 7.5stone is really skinny.  When I lost a lot of weight and went down to 7.5stone in my 30s my cup size went from a D to a B.  Now I am around 9stone (dont have any scales so cant be sure) I am a DD. 

The problem you have is that yours are painful, which must be a hormone thing.  Maybe try an antihistamine as Suz says.  Sorry I cant help more, my boobs are about the only part of me that doesnt have a problem!