Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 33 most beautiful abandoned places in the world - fantastic photos!  (Read 14560 times)

Taz2

ellie

Re: 33 most beautiful abandoned places in the world - fantastic photos!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:33:23 AM »

Thanks for sharing Taz, they are truly amazing photos  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »

Obviously not totally abandoned or we wouldn't have photos  ::) - freeaky  :o and Anka Watt is regularly visited by tourists.  I love the chimney with the tree apparently growing out of the top ........

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »

My favourites are

Abandoned Mill in Sorrento

EI Hotel in del Salto in Columbia

Angkor Wat in Cambodia

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:31 PM »

I think you are missing the point CLKD - it is the fact that once these places were inhabited by people or used by them and were then abandoned - not so much that no-one goes to see them!!  Of course Angkor Wat is regularly visited by tourists but it is no longer used for it's original purpose.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:48 PM »

I did miss the point  ::)  ...........

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »

:rofl:

pixie

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »

How fascinating Taz, especially the Italian village and the hotel in Columbia. I love taking photos of deserted places.There were loads of abandoned hotels in Barbados. Its a Caribbean thing they up sticks and just leave places. I went to  Northpoint surf resort, which is  for sale for around 3 million and has been up for sale for years! I would post a photo on here, but don't know how to do it!! The hotel is in a beautiful location on cliff tops with steps down to the beach. It closed in 1974 and is inhabited by vagrants. You walk along the gravel track towards cliff tops and along the grass there. All the palm trees swaying rather spookily and you can see it decaying in the distance :P X ;)

Google it if you get chance. ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:39:26 PM by pixie »

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 05:47:27 PM »

It appears on this site pixie http://binscorner.com/pages/a/abandoneddecayed-hotels-around-the-world.html  you have to scroll down a bit

Taz x

ariadne

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:10:22 PM »

Oh they make me feel like crying  :'(  Not sure why  :-\   In spite of that, I enjoyed looking at them if that makes any sense.

We see lots of abandoned homes around the countryside when we holiday in Spain and I always feel sad then too.

ariadne xx

pixie

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »

So it does.  Its a very remote place.  I got off a local bus and there were just a few local clapboard homes around and walked down a gravel path.  There were only 3 of us about - really very creepy, had to turn back pretty quickly after taking some photos.  Also Silver Sands Hotel and Almond Beach resort are completely derelict. Mum stayed in the first one in the 1970s.  I was told that Richard Branson was going to buy it but there was some kind of dispute about the gardening and the neighbours??!!  It was up for sale for about 18 million. Both these hotels were 'all inclusive' deals up until recently.  The cost of living in Barbados is very high too and so many people can't afford to go anymore - very sad.  x

Blue

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

The guy missed the point too, the title when the world ends, its just when humans end, the world will go on nicely without us.
In fact it would get on a lot better without our species.

Very sad isn't it?

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:57 AM »

I have a Pinterest page on long abandoned places, they have always fascinated me, they have a beauty and poignancy that becomes

part of Nature, still there when we have long gone.