Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Not sleeping  (Read 7262 times)

lily

Not sleeping
« on: April 06, 2013, 03:39:00 AM »

I'm not sleeping well at all just now, hence being on here at this time!  I feel like I will soon look like an old hag, this can't go on and I surely need to sleep sometime.  I take ages to get to sleep and having bad night sweats which keep waking me if I do get to sleep.  I've been managing to function fine at work though and wonder, do we need less sleep as we get older?  I do feel really tired after dinner some nights when I've not slept much the night before.  Sometimes drop off for 20 mins sitting in chair then and it feels like the best sleep I get, but that maybe interferes with sleep later -although it's probably only about twice a week (weekend included) that I do that.  I'm thinking of trying something from the chemist to help - anyone got any suggestions?  I don't want to feel drugged up next day though.

Rowan

Re: Not sleeping
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »

I use melatonin, Dr Mercolas's Melatonin Sleep Support works for me.

If you google it you will find where you can buy it in the UK, they are a good company and you will receive it the next day.

There are  melatonin supplements that can be bought too. I also think there is melatonin that can be prescribed by your doctor on the NHS now.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 10:47:39 AM »

I tried Melissa Dream from health shop. It helps to relax you, but it's way to expensive. I'm having same problems with not sleeping too, even before the added stress I'm under at the moment.

lily

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

Hi ladies, thanks for the replies.  I managed about two broken hours sleep this morning and felt drugged as if I had taken something - so suppose I should not worry about that if I do take anything.  I've been feeling sick as well and not sure if this is because of the flushing - it's happening during the day too.  Think I'm missing period this time - I had gone to 6 wkly then missed one of those making it 3 months, but last time was regular and now no sign this time. 

Rowan - I'm not sure about melatonin as there seems to be good and bad side effects, although the pro points make it sound appealing.  I'll try something from the chemist first and see how I get on.

Cubagirl, your added stress must make it so difficult to sleep - take a rest when you can.