Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tiredness?  (Read 17238 times)

k9love

Tiredness?
« on: April 05, 2013, 08:53:49 PM »

Ok, now I only work 3hrs a day and have!!! to sleep most afternoons, sometimes for a couple of hours, is this yet another meno symptom? and Im post meno by 8yrs :'(

Elena

Re: Tiredness?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:59:47 PM »

Good grief, that's a lot of sleep. I am tired a lot but I dont sleep every day.  Mind you I dont work every day either..

Have you had your thyroid checked?  Do you sleep well at night?  Does your job involve a lot of physical activity?  Do you eat well?  I find drinking alcohol makes me tired, even if it is only low volume alcohol.  I've improved my diet too, which has helped. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:02:33 PM by Milliemoo »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »

I would think this is to do with your ongoing heart problems? Be gentle with yourself! It could be all related and you wont know until you have had the 24 hour heart monitor. Take care.

Taz x

k9love

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »

I would think this is to do with your ongoing heart problems? Be gentle with yourself! It could be all related and you wont know until you have had the 24 hour heart monitor. Take care.

Taz x

Thanks Taz, maybe it is related I dont know yet, bit worrying to say the least!

I do get disturbed most nights tho, ie need toilet, hubby and dog gets up really early, night sweats etc, so maybe its that? well Im hoping its that and not my heart :'(

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »

Didn't mean to be scary over it - sorry - but if it is AF and you are not yet having treatment then tiredness is part of it I think?  To be fair in your original post you didn't mention the fact that you were getting disturbed nights - just that you only worked so many hours and that you fell asleep in the afternoons. Daytime sleeping is one of the worst things to do if you are not getting much sleep at night apparently. You are supposed to resist those naps if at all possible.

Taz x

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »

I work 3 days and on my days off I can not stay awake i too sleep 2 hors in the afternoons, I feel like someone puts their hand over my face and i have no option but too sleep, however, i suffer from terrible night sweats and i put my day time napping down to this disturbed sleep  pattern, on my work days when it gets to the time i usually fall asleep i yawn and yawn for about an hour and try and get outside if possible to get some air to wake me up. i do think it's part of my peri meno.

Morwenna

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:31 PM »

I'm the same - although I've always been a 'tired' person, the tiredness has become an increasing problem since I started menopause three years ago and I've had to reduce the number of days I work as a result. When it's a work day I stay in bed until it's time to get ready and then when I finish work in the late evening after an eight hour shift I come home and go straight to bed. I too yawn and yawn at work. The only time I get anything done is on my days off when I can manage to get up earlier but often sleep in the afternoons. Have had blood tests, GP says it's 'just my age' - but it's ruining my life  :(

walking the dog

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »

Morwenna

it was lovely to read your post, i too have had every blood test possible and they all come back fine, my doctor says the same just age , i also work 8 hour days its a strange coincidence, I told my doctor the tierdness i feel has seriously debilitated my quality of life as i cant do the things i used to as im so tierd and have no stamina, but all i get is i cant be expected to climb mountains at my age ! Well plenty of older people do it! x

Pandora

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 03:51:41 PM »

Hi all

Not been on for a while.  I really sympathise with the tiredness issue. I have been like this on and off for a few years and I am on hrt.  I have been trying to come off it and only got to a 50 patch when the tiredness/exhaustion got worse and worse so I am back to 75 and I feel a bit better.

But you are absolutely right the tiredness is debilitating, I  have been sleeping 8 hours and wake up feeling exhausted, it  is rubbish. I felt I cannot do anything and as for exercise, forget that, I would be in bed for a week after.

I also have had blood tests a few weeks ago and all came back normal.  At least it rules out anything serious.

On another matter is it possible to have tests for oestrogen level when you are on hrt.

Some doctors don't know what to do about fatigue, I also have underactive thyroid so its easy to blame everything on that, but I don't feel it s that, my bloods are ok.  Its the menopause I am convinced.  I am 56 by the way.  When will it end.

Pandora

walking the dog

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »

Im 47 and have suffered with it for 3 years I have tried every thing going and nothing has worked, my gp is of opinion sorry but you have had all i can offer lets just hope it doesnt last much longer.... gretaxx

Elena

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 06:21:31 AM »

I'm another one :(  also have underactive thyroid, on 125mg thyroxine, but I've always been a tired person too.  No way could I work an 8 hour shift!  I do 3 half days a week. Walk dog daily.  Play badminton a couple of times a week.  Do a bit of gardening from time to time but that's it. 

Doctors arent interested in our quality of life.  Not surprising really as the NHS is so stretched already.  But what can we DO?  I'd love to find an answer.  Sometimes i do wonder whether it is a mental tiredness....

Winterose

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »

Perhaps try vit D3 - we are all supposed to be deficient - would take about 5 months or so before you felt any different, lots about it if you google it, :-*

winifred

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »

This has pagued me too since meno and I have posted on it before usually have a low level tiredness but have had crashing exhaustion too when unable to do anything and that was scary to say the least, have you tried spa tone its got a little iron in it I tried this as iron stores low and since Vit D 3 also low I am on that too and slowly feeling better can do gentle swimming at least now.  Not yet back to my zumba but fingers crossed as i really enjoy it .I was really hoping it would go soon as I was post meno but youve busted that myth  :-\its a horrible symptom at this stage in life when I have time to do stuff i want to do I am so glad some ladies on here can sympathise cos its so hard to explain to others, I have been "normal tired" as I call it,   then this tiredness two different things  :( just keeping my fingers crossed the vitD3 is cause and I will be cured. Ask your GP about a test K9love its worth trying anything

Elena

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »

i've been increasing my levels of D3 through diet - milk, cereal, eggs and fish in oil.  5 months is a long time to wait for a result!!  I'll mark it on my diary :)

Winterose

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »

You need full fat milk , maybe get some supplements to help
Pages: [1] 2