Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem and Balance Activ  (Read 15238 times)

candycotton

Vagifem and Balance Activ
« on: April 03, 2013, 10:45:08 AM »

as always you think that you are the only one experiencing something but reading through some of the posts I realise that I'm not so here I go with my first post.

I have always suffered, periodically, from BV and treated it with Balance Activ which has worked perfectly for me.  I have been on Vagifem for about 6mths now and loving how it has helped me but over the last couple of weeks have noticed that dreaded 'bad smell' and wondered what if anything I can do about it as Balance Activ is inserted into the vagina and I am worried that it will react in some way with the Vagifem.  A trip to the doctors will result in a course of antibiotics and then the age old bout of thursh after.  Anyone else had this problem or do you know if Balance Activ can be taken with Vagifem or even if there is another way of treating it.

Cotts x

Suzi Q

Re: Vagifem and Balance Activ
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

I dont  know if you can mix the 2 together
Id be ringing the GP and find out
You dont want to go bacwards and some people do have to take antis from time to time like myself
I too get Thrush every time I take it I usually take no more than 3 days course then stop before Thrush takes hold
IM on Vagifem as well I dont know anything about BV but I say again ring surgery best to get right info xxxxx

Elena

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »

I've used both (not at same time) with no problems.  I often find I dont need to use the whole week's course of Balance Activ so I use it till smell has gone then put Vagifem in a day or so later.

candycotton

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »

thank you both for your replies, it's not so embarrassing asking questions about things like this on here because it seems that someone else has always gone through it and your not alone.

Milliemoo, when I have used Balance Activ in the past I have always used it for the full course even though the smell goes after the first day or so cos I thought it was like antibiotics and you had to finish the course for it to work so thanks for the advice, I'm only using vagifem twice a week now and could easily do two or three days without any problem.

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D xxxxxxx

Elena

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »

Pleased to be of help :)

I always used to use the whole course too but then I got a bit rebellious  ;)

candycotton

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »

A woman after my own heart  ;D

Thanks again for all your advice and I am going to try it tonight and will post again to let everyone know how I get on and then there will be a complete story for anyone else with the same problem.

scriv

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:32:06 AM »

candycotton, what dose is your vagifem? Was it reduced from 25 to 10?

candycotton

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 11:29:55 AM »

scriv ..... I am only on the low dose of 10 at the moment and finding it enought twice a week now after the initial one a day for the first 2weeks.

Everything went well with the balance active and the vagifem, left it a day after my dose of vagifem, used the balance active for two days ( and it worked perfectly, thank you Milliemoo) then a day without anything and my next dose of vagifem and everything has been fine.

Thanks everyone x

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 12:09:45 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but what is BV? :-\

Katy

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

Cassie BV is bacterial vaginosis - think that's spelt correctly. :)

Katy x

Firewalker50

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »

Tha is for update Milliemoo. I used to suffer from bV but not for many years. I used antibiotics. Did not know of the Balance Active. Good to know if needed in the future.

(I don't use Vagifem).

Fx