Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Another trip to emergency doctor  (Read 24559 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another trip to emergency doctor
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »

:foryou: both

babypink2807

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2013, 08:44:03 AM »

Well I'm still home which is better than last time.

I'm getting used to changing my bag quicker now, and even managing to have my much missed bath.  My eating is going well, chewing for England lol. I even had a McDonalds just to up my salt intake (doctors advised to increase salt in my diet). I've worked out when I can drink and when to eat and when I can empty my bag last thing so I can sleep at least 6hrs before its full

Went to warfarin clinic last Thursday and advised my NRI was low so currently having warfarin and having to inject myself in my tummy daily (hopefully injections cease tomorrow).  Back on Monday for more blood tests which they are trying to level it out.  Injections have helped I feel a bit more perky and moving about a bit more too.

Pain in my left shoulder has reduced, pain in bottom of rib cage has gone, slight discomfort in bladder area so need to address that.  Also have a bubble growing full of fluid near tummy button incision so needs looking at.

All in all I'm in a slightly better place, although I don't feel like myself by any means don't know where that person has gone

Taz2

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »

You are doing really well Babypink and it's good to hear that you are still at home!

Is your colostomy temporary?

Taz

babypink2807

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2013, 12:26:46 PM »

It's setup so it can be reversed.  At the moment I have no intention of having it done, I need a break from the pain and the mental anguish at the moment.  Once i feel fit and ready I will consider it

Taz2

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »

It's good to have a choice. As you say once you have recovered you will be able to make an informed decision.

Taz

Elena

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2013, 05:03:29 PM »

Sounds good Babypink.  Onwards and upwards.

ellie

« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

Yes, things will only get better  :) ;) :foryou:

babypink2807

« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »

Thank you, it's been one hell of a struggle but getting there.  Unfortunately last three days the head spinning has started again, whilst its upset me as its something else to damn well deal with.  Sigh

Back at hospital Thursday for blood taking, on Monday I was told I could stop the injections which was a relief.  Next week back at the Gastro clinic since operation, week after I'm back to see my surgeon, then two days later the neuro surgeon about my dizzy spells which they think is the after affects of Infliximab for the Crohens.  I honestly thought whilst I was in hospital it had stopped so not sure if its started again or its that I am still quite weak from the last few months

Sat out in the sun today both doggies laid out it was lovely.  Bought a few tunic tops to cover my tummy area then tomorrow hope to pop to Next and pick up some maternity trousers as all my jeans which I tried on yesterday whilst they fit, the top of them lay right over my stoma and its very uncomfortable so they are no good

Elena

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »

Glad the injections have stopped.  Hope the dizziness passes soon.

babypink2807

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:35 PM »

Unfortunately back on injections, as blood count low

Popped to my GP about dizzy ness given Iron Tablets and some car sickness tablets.  Ths evening my head proper keeps spinning as if the pills are trying to correct the dizzy head, but head is saying no, quite odd

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:50 PM »

I hate that spinning feeling.

babypink2807

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »

Took another tablet this morning, hasn't helped much at all.  So I've decided to try and keep busy doing mundane things but allowing me to think and focus my thoughts elsewhere. Hope it closes off the dizzy bits and the focus bis take over.  Not sure it makes sense

Oddly my GP didn't take my blood pressure which I would have thought she would do but hey what do I know

babypink2807

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »

Had my first appointment with my consultant today, after my surgery.  He actually explained what the surgeon had done and they had taken away my left large colon and the small intestine is the bit creating my Stoma

The problem is, they still cannot conclude whether its colitis or Crohen disease.  Which itself is a sticking point due to how the reversal is conducted.  One either affects the large colon and the other affects both.  I fall into the 5% of undecided which is typical.  If that's the case its more than likely I will keep the stoma.

With the dizziness I fall into the less than 1% category for the MS symptoms which apparently should rectify itself but I still have to go to the neurologist.  With the blood clots, they seem to be sorting themselves out, still having to ake the Heparin in injection form, until the Warfarin settles, I will have to continue with the heparin.

I'm still tired, but sleeping well, if I could only get through the dizzy part of it I would be more than happy

On the plus side, I am hoping to get to Debenhams and have a personal shopper help with outfits for work and home as none of my jeans really fit (rub my stoma). The maternity jeans are ok until I move and the damn things fall down lol

Tomorrow is another day!

Elena

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »

Hi BP sorry to hear you are in such a minority. Personal Shopper sounds a great idea :)

babypink2807

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2013, 06:36:13 PM »

I know I'm going to call Debenhams tomorrow not sure if you have to book them
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7