Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: wedding shoes dilemma!  (Read 14156 times)

Katy

Re: wedding shoes dilemma!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »

Oh clio I'm so happy for you - I'm sure you will have a fantastic day and you will look gorgeous :) 

Katy x

Firewalker50

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »

Clio - so pleased it has all worked out as you hoped.
You sound absolutely happy and delighted and I wish you a lifetime of that.

Congratulations to you too YoungatHeart.  Your arrangements sound so personal too.  Wishing you
much happiness in your marriage too.

Fx

Joyce

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 11:59:19 AM »

It's all coming together nicely Clio. Not long now.

Hope you and YoungatHeart have great days.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »

Enjoy yourselves.  One can't take the money with us  ;)  .......... I usually buy my jewellry at auction or in antique fairs these days.  My 1st engagement ring was £35.00, my wedding ring a little more ........ then I had to buy a 2nd wedding ring when the 1st got a fracture in it  ::) which cost £80.00 - then those 2 were melted together ....... then I lost the 1st engagement ring so DH bought me a 2nd, £65.00 from a dealer - 4 days later I found the 1st  ::)  ;D - and 3 weeks ago I saw another engagement ring that I liked so we paid £100.00 to another dealer.  Oh the sparkle - which I hope you will both have on your Special Days  :cake:

lily

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 06:40:44 PM »

Clio and Youngatheart - all the very best for your wedding days, enjoy!

lindyloo

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »

I`d like to add my congratulations to both of you too   lovley !

love Lindyloo :) :cupcake:

clio

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »

Thank you all for the good wishes, which month are you getting married youngatheart??? Let me know what month your getting married.

jax

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »

expense has gone up :o
my 1st wedding at 19...church,dress, flowers etc was about £600
 my second in 87 cost around the same for register office, flowers and small bistro family only reception.

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 08:18:10 AM »

When is the big day Clio and is this the guy you met at work? Fairytale romance. I love a happy ending

Taz x  :foryou:

Elena

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

Do you wear all your rings CLKD? 

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »

On hi-days and holidays.  The wedding ring, which is a mix of the 2, every day.  The 1st engagement ring goes onto my finger, then the wedding ring, plus the '2nd' engagement ring; the 3rd engagement ring I wear on the right ring finger.  I also have several other rings in opals, gold, Blue John  ::)

Firewalker50

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 05:44:15 PM »

CLKD's story of rings reminded me of mine - although it is not the same as CLKD's.

I had engagement ring we could afford at 19.   At 21 I got the engagement ring I had seen at 19 but could not afford.  When my daughter was born I went out and left it in a toilet in a restaurant while I changed her. 

I claimed insurance and got another one made the same (it was rather unusual and I had a photograph).

I lost that one too when doing major DIY in the house (may have gone under floorboards).

I decided to buy a different style of ring and nothing happened to that one although my husband and I separated/divorced and so I did not wear it.  I gave it to my daughter on her 21st birthday.

She used 4 of the diamonds in it to form part of her engagement ring a couple of years ago.   And she has kept the other three to use for her wedding ring design  :)

Fx

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »

That is lovely, thanks for sharing!

clio

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 07:35:31 AM »

Just an update, im getting a different dress!! The one ive already got is plain and simple and chosen cos it was only £50 in the sale but its not the one I would of chose if money wasnt a problem.  Mum has now offered to buy me one but dont think she realised just how expensive they are! Ive found one that is so amazing, over a grand :-/ but cos its only a few wks away I would have to hav it off the peg so shop is having it dry cleaned and knocked 20% off :-).  What a performance, nothing ever straight forward, but shop can hav it shortened so that sorts that issue out, flowers already got - dry ones that was chosen with other dress in mind but will hav to do fir this dress also. Its a lot of money for just a church service so asked hubby to b if we could hav a reception after all so I can wear my beautuful dress, hes not keen however as we both hav anxiety issues  and although I would be ok being centre of attention for an evening do, my oh wouldnt. I cant help feeling disappointed but know I have to consider his feelings and the fact that he wouldnt push me into doing something I wasnt comfirtable doing so I dint hav the right to do it to him.

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 12:23:19 PM »

Get loads of photos taken in your gorgeous dress. Don't have to be by expensive photographer. We married nearly 36 years ago and only had family taking pictures, which were much more relaxed.
Would your future hubby be comfortable with just close friends and family for a posh meal? That's all we did and it was perfect, neither of us wanted a fuss.
Pages: 1 [2]