Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: wedding shoes dilemma!  (Read 14167 times)

clio

wedding shoes dilemma!
« on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:38 PM »

My wedding dress is a few inches on the long side which isnt a problem I could where heels. My husband to be is about half inch smaller than me so with heels he will b bout 2 - 3 inch smaller. Would. It look odd or should I wear flats and hav dress shortened??

Joyce

Re: wedding shoes dilemma!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »

Depends on dress length really. Flats can look okay with some dress lengths.  Ask a friend's honest opinion. 

KatieLiz

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:38:58 AM »

Wear heels - Penny Lancaster is taller than Rod Stewart!

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:08 PM »

Really the best person to ask is your fiance. If he is fine with you being taller then go for it and if not ballet pumps are very pretty.

Also think of the photos.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »

Get the dress shortened incase it snows or rains  ;)  .......... ask at your local WI if there are any needlewomen or at the Senior School in your area?

Elena

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

Get dress shortened and wear some pretty flats.  Get husband to be to wear heels  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 07:15:40 AM »

;D

lily

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »

Congratulations clio

Do what feels right for both of you - if neither of you mind you being taller then wear heels, but if either feel awkward about it, then have dress shortened (or get an extra hoop to take it up further?) and wear nice pumps.  Is it soon? Good luck.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »

Just a thought, pumps will be easier to dance in later on.

clio

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »

Thanks for the replies, im hopeless making decisions. I wld prefer to wear flats to b the same height as it wld look better on photos. Wr are only having a church service. No cake, wedding breakfast, or reception. No bestman or bridesmaids, we are putting our money into our new house. In saying that its still costing a fortune, no wonder people dont get married. My dress had been the cheapest at £50! Church £500, rings £450, flowers £100, the list is enless.  register office would of been £47!!!! But just couldnt bring myself to get married there.

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 03:34:01 PM »

Nobody will see your shoes under a long dress, so wear what feels best. Know what you mean about expense. Reminds me of when hubby and I married. All money went on the house. We did marry in registry office though. Dress made by my mum, shoes bought in sale, meal for us and 8 guests.  It still wasn't cheap, but we were just as happy as anybody who spent oodles of cash and that's what matters most.
When's the big day?

Elena

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:02:21 AM »

£500 for church?  Is that normal these days? I cant remember what we paid.  I know we had to pay for the choir.

Suzi Q

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 06:10:31 AM »

If you go to church reg as my son and his fiance did (it was her family church)
It cost zip dijnada nought and it was a BIG CHURCH They gave $200
Plus every wedding person put money in to the offering box (full COFE wedding old fashioned service)

If your not having anything just going to church
Having the marriage ceromony Id do what ever you feel is right
Why waste money get the dress taken up your not having a reception
Wear flat it doesnt matter if it gets a bit grubby cos once Piccies are over thats it

Same for me I got married with a special Licence 1o.00
Had a set menu for 12 in Bernis inn for lunch no cake no official piccies nothing
We did the same we had put all our money in to a house
We had no honey moon We got married atr 10.15am
Went to the pub for a drink went and picked son up from Baby sitter
We all then went for a meal 3.95 each set meal
Mum took son home and we went for a after dinner drink till 3pm with our 2 pals
That night Dad gave us a 10 pound note to go for Dinner we went to the Mercury Inn in Chester
Home at 10om picked up son and carried on next day as normal
Only thng I regretd asap was not having proper piccies I have about 12 snaps thats it wear flat wear heels be happy Son is 1inch smaller than wife she wore red flat shoes under her white wedding dress no dont ask hehehehe

youngatheart

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24:51 AM »

Hey! Congratulations!  When is the big day? We are also getting married this year and are doing it 'on the cheap' (as far as we can anyhow).  Just to let you know, I wish our registry office was only charging £47 - it's costing £200 at our local registry office for the ceremony plus a further £70 for the Notice of Marriage we had to have done and anothe £4 each per certificate!  whole lot nearly £300!  Then we had the dilemma of the reception afterwards.  have found a lovely pub in one of our local villages which has a newly built function room - they will do us a buffet at £10 per head, so we are going with this for around 50 people.  Then we still need to but rings, dress, shoes for me - new suit etc for him. 

I think you should go for some pretty flat ballet pumps and have the dress hem taken up.

Hope all goes well for you both on your day

xx

clio

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »

An update. Tried dress on again with sone shoes I have with 1inch heel, im happy i'll get away with this height heel so hav ordered some shoes of ebay that were cheap but I think look nice. After walking up and down bedroom my shoes do stick out the bottom as the dress dosnt come out just straight down so these shoes ive bought hav a lovely front to them so will look nice. We picked our rings up yesterday that turned out to be £200 more as we felt we needed the heavier ones cos of the manual job we both hav the cheaper ones were just too thin so paid the extra. On our way home we calculated how much the whole thing has cost......... Just short of £2000!!!!!!! That includes the cottage we have booked for our short break honeymoon. my dress was cheaper than my fiance suit ha ha.  You just realise how much your spending till you add it all up. Ive saved and done loads of overtime for the passed 12 years for this time, work called me the docket queen, so im enjoying spending it on our new home and our wedding. We are so happy and when all said and done thats what you go to work for.  we are getting married middle of May so not long now, im so excited and so in love, its a lovely feeling.
Pages: [1] 2