Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Vagifem shortage?  (Read 35050 times)

Hurdity

Re: Vagifem shortage?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 02:53:06 PM »

Suzi - I agree with what you say re HRT not being downgraded - at least for some formulations. I don't understand why for example,  as soon as the WHI results were first published, they did not ban all the horse oestrogens ie the Prempak and Premique ones? - since these are the ones that were the subject of the study. However since even these data have been re-evaluated 10 years later it is still not clear. But that is odd (lack of removal of these from the lists) because it actually was as a result of trials, and there really hasn't been anything definitive on Vagifem 25/10 long term as far as I can make out. The more work (ie long term studies) there is done on bio-identical/transdermal formulations of HRT, including vaginal preparations, the better it will be for all of us. Throw in some long-term testosterone trials for women and it will be even better!

Hurdity x

scriv

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:06 AM »

Just adding my experience here.... I picked up my repeat prescription from the pharmacy for Vagifem 25 and was advised that they were now discontinued and that my pharmacist could no longer get them.

The new prescription was for 10mcg, still at twice weekly.

I have decided to  try them for a month when I will review it with my GP - as long as I can last that long that is! So far I have already  had to add an extra one after a return of a bladder flare up.

I am devastated as I was doing so well!!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »

But was that on the GPS script 25 or 10?
If its 25 not 10 then give it a week or so if symptoms start to come back adjust dose yourself
Next time you go you can then tell him no longer 25s see what he says but dont let it get hold again xxx

scriv

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »

The surgery had rejected my request for the 25mcg and re-issued prescription for Vagifem but for 10mcg. That has also happened to some friends of mine. It is so frustrating.

I know that I have posted on several topics, but this really is bugging me.

ariadne

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

My prescription was returned to me by the pharmacy so that I could get it changed by the GP. Did the pharmacy itself change yours scriv?

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »

Picked up my last batch of 25mg yesterday. I already use 3 per week to keep soreness at bay.  I'll be using the 10mg daily :(

scriv

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:41 PM »

I order repeat prescriptions via the GP website, delivered to the pharmacy. The surgery rejected my request and sent the new dosage prescription to the pharmacy. I noticed it and commented... and was told that they can't get them anymore. :'(

Suzi Q

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:36 AM »

All of you with problems do what I did go back see GP
They must5 be made to understand OK xxxxxx

scriv

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 07:13:08 AM »

Yes Boss! Will do!  lol   ;) Seriously though, thanks a lot for your support Suzi Q!

Suzi Q

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »

your very welcome
Knowne should be in pain
OH and keep out of the bath soaking fanny NOOOOOOOOO
No soap just under arms etc no where near Fanny ok
Find find Goats milk soap or Olive Oil soap both really good you can even wash lightly down there it wont irritate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]