Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 7351 times)

Evenstar

Is this normal?
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:04:02 PM »

Hi lovely ladies. I don't post on here very often, but thought someone might beable to shed some light.
     I am 51 and have been having hot sweats etc inbetween periods for a couple of years now.
  My question is, how long is it usually between stopping meno symptoms and having a period?  All my symptoms eased off then disappeared completely just before Christmas and I've had no sign of a period.
     I'm not complaining, as its been a very welcome break.
   Just wondering if its normal to have such a long gap. x

Gig

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »

My question is, how long is it usually between stopping meno symptoms and having a period?

I don't really know what you mean ...?

Everyone is different.  Meno symptoms can carry on for the rest of your life without HRT, although most people seem to find the worst is over after 2-5 years without a period.

Is what you are saying, that you have no meno symptoms at the moment- and no period arriving?

If so, well no one can answer your question!  You might never have another period, you might have another 3 years of them, and yoou might have meno symptoms some of the time, all of the time, or none of the time!

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

Sorry, obviously not explaining myself very well.
   Usually, my hot flushes etc will disappear, then a couple of weeks later I will get a period, then the meno symptoms will kick in again.
This time, theres been no period. Just a bit confused as to why I've not had one

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »

My hot flushes were on and off when my periods were haywire. It was when my periods stopped that the flushes started in earnest. Put up with it for a couple of years then when other meno symptoms appeared I went on HRT.

lily

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »

This sounds like what has been happening to me too. I did get a period this time though and have not had much in the way of flushes lately - that seems to happen more when I miss periods.

Firewalker50

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

I cannot remember - Yay!!
The good news is that it might be bad now but hopefully at some point you wont remember because it was not really that bad  ;D

I am not being Trite Evenstar.  I really cannot remember.  I am 56 and I started the menopause journey around 51.

I hope your symptoms are easy to manage Evenstar.

Fx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

I can see why you are puzzled Evenstar. I was the same in that if my flushes stopped then a period would arrive within a couple of weeks. Enjoy it while it lasts - maybe you wont ever get another flush or period!

Taz x

Evenstar

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »

Oh that would be wonderful. Tis all very strange. Still no sign of a period and all my dryness down below has vanished too ;)  May it long continue like this I say ;D