Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ipad apps  (Read 15651 times)

bramble

Ipad apps
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:46:06 PM »

I have just caught up with technology and bought an Ipad. Are there any fun or useful apps you can recommend?

Bramble

honeybun

Re: Ipad apps
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »

ANGRY BIRDS

Such mindless fun and horribly addictive. Also Temple Run.

Have fun

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:17:22 AM »

Don't have Ipad. I have a Nexus but apps are all similar.  Try Candy Crush Saga too. Just downloaded Marble Wars it is quite addictive. Loved The Snowman too. It's a good video game.

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 10:01:23 AM »

BBC News, Sky News, Itv player, Iplayer are some of the basics.
As for games it depends on which type of games you prefer. Plants v zombies is really addictive, Bloons, toy balls. There are hundreds and hundreds to choose from and a lot of them are free.
Love the iPad, best thing I've ever bought.

ellie

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »

Try.......4Pics 1Word........very addictive

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:51 PM »

Jewel Maniaâ„¢ totally addictive, you can get in for Apple, Android or PC. I have it on my phone and Kindle Fire HD.

I first played it on my PC years ago, it has evolved and now its available on  App.

There are so many useful apps too, a lot free, just go to the Apple store and key in what you are interested in.

On the Kindle fire they are in categories.

Witches Cat

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:27:05 PM »

Hubby and I have a Kindle Fire and we love the Mahjong tiles games, and "Bejewelled" is another good game, you have to tap on 3 squares in a row of the same colour to remove them and make a score, then others drop into the spaces and some make their own 3 in a row your score goes up again...  oh, and the Daily express and Daily Mail newspapers are free too.  Do you remember the kids puzzles where you had a printed picture with hidden items within it?  The "Hidden objects" puzzles are fab... specially the Fairy Paintings ones, so well done and so addictive. When you go to the Apps Store you will find so many, and some of the old early computer games too... remember Frogger? that's on there.     :D

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »

Witches act, I think that's the name I was trying to remember ""Bejewelled" by POPCAP there are free versions you can play online too, there are several levels and they keep bring newer versions out

Jewel Mania is very much the same.

I have BigFish hidden objects games on my Kindle too but I paid for them. The Fairy Painting ones are beautiful, the one I am playing at the moment in bed is "The Haunt"

ann123

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

Words with friends - it's just scrabble and you can play with friends who have at app, I play with friends in the states and we chat at the same time.
I like mahjong as well

ann123

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »

And the kindle app will allow you to download kindle books from amazon

oldsheep

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

love the iPlayer app, programmes look fantastic on the retina display.
I don't have any games to recommend really but useful ones are Tune In radio, Dropbox, Kindle, Google's Maps/Earth, transport apps (altho I'm in London so need them), Quick Xwords and for weather, the Met Office has a good one but more fun is Weather Dog.
I use some useful iPhone apps too, they only display in portrait mode but you can increase them 2x.
OH has an app that requires headphones - drum kit  ;D

Rowan

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 04:29:09 PM »

Just trawling through what I have on Kindle, TED is a good one, on ipad or kindle, OH told me about that one.

BBC , BBC News. SKYPE, Pinterest,  youtube, sounds of the rain, loads more, that's not counting the books and audio books ::)

ipad Apple store has a lot more to choose from though and you can just build up your own apps according to what you are interested in.

Bramble you are going to have a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:01:16 PM by Rowan »

littleminnie

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »

Forgot to mention if you want to speak to anyone else who has an iPad/iphone/iPod who can do so for free. You can also message these people for free.

oldsheep

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »

Yes, or the Skype app works really well too

bramble

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 10:30:39 PM »

Thanks all. Seems as though it is going to eat up my time! Great!
Bramble
Pages: [1] 2 3