Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Health tips  (Read 15203 times)

Rowan

Health tips
« on: March 09, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »

Thought it might be nice to have a thread for members health tips, ones they have read about or from their mothers and so on.

I have always had lemon juice in water when I first wake up, my mother did too.

Here is one from FB Health tips that I follow.

~~DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH~~

This Might Save Someone's Life.
 It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. We publish below a description of use of water for our readers. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:
 Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.

METHOD OF TREATMENT

1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water

2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minute

3.. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.

4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours

5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.

6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life.

The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:
 1. High Blood Pressure (30 days)
 2. Gastric (10 days)
 3. Diabetes (30 days)
 4. Constipation (10 days)
 5. TB (90 days)
 6. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards – daily..
 This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times.It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life. Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.

This thread is meant to be of interest and not meant to be main stream, I should have put that at the beginning of my post, there are lots of health tips worldwide that are not necessarily scientifically endorsed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:04:21 PM by Rowan »

Taz2

Re: Health tips
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:25:05 AM »

"The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life."

Sorry Rowan but I just can't see how drinking water on waking will cure or control cancer, arthritis, diabetes....

Good thread though.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

Quite funny to read that. It's amazing how different cultures have such differing ways of treating things.

My mother has always insisted on having warm water in the morning. I could never stomach that.....I like a cuppa first thing. Mind you she is 90 so there might be something in it.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »

I put lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree and geranium drops of essential oils into a spray bottle of water for a natural air freshener, its smell gorgeous and clears the head and nose.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »

One of my relatives used to drink hot lemon every morning as she'd read that it was good for you, a bit like the Japanese theory. Didn't work though. Though I imagine drinking more water, no matter what time of day is good for you.  Maybe it was just a way of getting people into routine of drinking more water rather than an actual cure.

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

I do drink lemon in water throughout the day and if we go out to eat I always have spring water with lemon, my OH would fall off his chair if I ordered anything different :)
I prefer lemon cake over chocolate any day, I even sprinkle lemon juice over my veggies with a little butter or Benecol.

I would love to live somewhere where I could have my own lemon tree.

Here are some on the health properties of lemons.

Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon" ~

1. Boosts you're immune system

Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain & nerve function and helps control blood pressure.

2. Balances pH

Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they're alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health.

3. Helps with weight loss

Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. And, my experience is that when I start the day off right, it's easier to make the best choices for myself the rest of the day.

4. Aids digestion

The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—thewaves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract.

5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic

Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.

6. Clears skin

The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well.

7. Hydrates the lymph system

This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration (obviously) and adrenal fatigue. When your body is dehydrated, or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can't perform all of it's proper functions, which leads to toxic buildup, stress, constipation, and the list goes on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys, and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secrete important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don't want to mess with a deep state of dehydration!

"Why You Should Drink Warm Water & Lemon" ~ 1. Boosts you're immune system Lemons are high in Vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain & nerve function and helps control blood pressure. 2. Balances pH Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they're alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). As you wellness warriors know, an alkaline body is really the key to good health. 3. Helps with weight loss Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. And, my experience is that when I start the day off right, it's easier to make the best choices for myself the rest of the day. 4. Aids digestion The warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis—thewaves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keep things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. 5. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. 6. Clears skin The vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. 7. Hydrates the lymph system This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration (obviously) and adrenal fatigue. When your body is dehydrated, or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can't perform all of it's proper functions, which leads to toxic buildup, stress, constipation, and the list goes on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys, and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secrete important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don't want to mess with a deep state of dehydration!

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »

I like this health tip

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

An apple a day keeps stroke away

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14931634

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »

This will make you laugh so it must be health tip :)

Mine is Sprinkles O'Bourbon

Firewalker50

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 10:06:23 AM »

Hi Sprinkles o'Bourbon ..... pleased to meet you ..... I am Sprinkles McTurnip  :rofl:

x

Elena

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »

I'm Warty O'Shivers  ;D  pleased to make your aquaintance to be sure!

Does anybody know why this thread is so WIDE!  As in I cant see who is posting on the
left hand side of the page and I just had to do a carriage return after the above line and
this one or it would have let me type on and on to the right.  Has something not been
set up properly or is it me?!

Rowan

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »

Sometimes it can happen millimoo and for the life of me I can't remember why or what to do about it, it might be that you have to look at the website in compatible mode Do you have an icon on your command bar on the far right between the little magnifying glass and the curved arrow when you put your curser on it turns blue, if you click on that it might solve the problem.

Elena

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »

Sadly  not, all I have there is a Twitter icon...   :-\

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 05:38:06 PM »

It's not wide on my screen  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

It is on my Kindle and when I twiddle (technical term ) with it it goes so small.

Not got a clue why.

Honeyb
X
Pages: [1] 2