Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Easter Eggs.  (Read 17665 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Easter Eggs.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »

Oh that is lovely!  I have a silver diamond pendant on a white gold chain this year  ;) - better remember to pack it!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »

I buy my adult offspring a largeish Easter Egg each.  When they were small we did EE hunts, decorating eggs, simnel cakes etc. and we used to have good fun.

This year I have knitted 2 little rabbits in polo neck jumpers which are egg cosies and I plan to take them to a neighbour of mine who has 2 small children.  I also made them a little Easter chick each with a Creme Egg inside, but they already have those.  Their Mum is making them wait until Easter though.  They are from the Czech Republic and a lovely little family.  Mum is so appreciative of little bits I give them - far more so in fact than my own nieces.  I am always making them lovely knitted stuff for their little ones but they never say much and never remember to let me see the kids in them.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »

Mum has been knitting again: Easter bunnies which she will pop small chocolage eggs into, the ones bought in packets with about 10 in. 

Firewalker50

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »

I am sure your neighbour will very much appreciate your kindness Pennyfarthing. 
Mum still knits things.
I used to knit until about 20 years ago and then realised similar to you, people can buy what they want and do not appreciate the thought and time and personal touch for home knitted things.
I have knitted a few scarves recently and Mum knits scarves regularly as gifts - they are really appreciated - the long hairy or twisty kind  ;D.

I will buy (if there are any left when I get to the shops) an Easter egg for my nephews here.
I have bought books and bar of favourite chocolate for my daughter and son in law.
Have bought the box of Tomy toy eggs for my grandson and a small Easter Chick chocolate - he s only 18 months.  Although he knows there is a goodie jar  ;)

We normally boil and paint eggs and go to a local heritage park where everyone goes to roll eggs.
Dad used to take the dog who chased them and when the shell broke, he managed to get the eggs out and eat that without eating the shell.  Good fun days.  This year, for various reasons we will not do that.   Also, we often had a BBQ.  not this year.  Too cold and too much snow.  Have not even pulled the BBQ out of the shed yet!

And after eating a large gifted egg yesterday, I will find it difficult to even look at easter eggs in the shops!   Yay!!!  I am saved.

Fx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »

Mum has been knitting again: Easter bunnies which she will pop small chocolage eggs into, the ones bought in packets with about 10 in.

Lovely CLKD :)  My Mum goes to a Day Centre for her lunch twice a week and she's been knitting those little chicks at home for a couple of months. They're the  ones that have a creme egg inside.  She has  made £70 for centre funds so she's pleased. She has a couple of big baskets and we filled them with shredded yellow paper and popped all the chicks in and they looked lovely.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

I am sure your neighbour will very much appreciate your kindness Pennyfarthing. 
Mum still knits things.
I used to knit until about 20 years ago and then realised similar to you, people can buy what they want and do not appreciate the thought and time and personal touch for home knitted things.I have knitted a few scarves recently and Mum knits scarves regularly as gifts - they are really appreciated - the long hairy or twisty kind  ;D.

I will buy (if there are any left when I get to the shops) an Easter egg for my nephews here.
I have bought books and bar of favourite chocolate for my daughter and son in law.
Have bought the box of Tomy toy eggs for my grandson and a small Easter Chick chocolate - he s only 18 months.  Although he knows there is a goodie jar  ;)

We normally boil and paint eggs and go to a local heritage park where everyone goes to roll eggs.
Dad used to take the dog who chased them and when the shell broke, he managed to get the eggs out and eat that without eating the shell.  Good fun days.  This year, for various reasons we will not do that.   Also, we often had a BBQ.  not this year.  Too cold and too much snow.  Have not even pulled the BBQ out of the shed yet!

And after eating a large gifted egg yesterday, I will find it difficult to even look at easter eggs in the shops!   Yay!!!  I am saved.

Fx

Some people really do appreciate them though.  My friend's DD is expecting a baby girl in June and I made her a beanie hat with a flower on the side and a pair of mary jane pram shoes to match.  I gave them to her Mum and she loved them and the other day I was talking to someone outside a shop and thought I was being mugged!   ;D It was the daughter giving me the biggest bear-hug from behind for the knitted bits.  She was thrilled with them.

Some people just appreciate things more than others I think.  One niece emailed me last week to get her sister a book from Slimming World, which you can't buy in the shops.  I did so and although she paid for it I have never had a thank you for getting that either. When she wants letters writing or CVs done or anything like that she's round here like a shot though.

pixie

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »

Happy Easter everyone.  I am avoiding the chocolate eggs, but going away for a couple of days, so catch up with you all next week!  ;) x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »

:o In the shops ALREADY  :bang:  we haven't had Valentine's yet  ::)

bramble

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »

Rumour has it that the recipe for Cadbury's choc eggs has changed this year. Once I get over my tooth trauma I will be investigating! Never too early for an easter egg!
Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »

;D ……. supposedly the new recipe is sweeter

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »

Hubby reckons the chocolate is pants since being bought over. Cadbury is an institution, how can they change the recipe?

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »

I'm trying very hard to finish Xmas chocolates before I buy my first cream egg. Oooo I love those, they have to be kept in the fridge so they are not too gloopy.

I'm going to have to get one soon.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 05:48:11 PM »

Be careful what you wish for Honeyb - the recipe may have changed.
Best to check though   ;D

Joyce

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »

I can't have so relying on your opinions.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »

Better get Honeybun to do a taste check then?  I have a box of chocolates on the floor beside me, hidden under a pile of books 'still to read' ………. I think it's a box large enough for sharing ……...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4