Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Forgetfulness mid conversation  (Read 10232 times)

Cassie

Re: Forgetfulness mid conversation
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 02:38:22 PM »

There shouldnt be any problem with that combo, I am also on the Thyroid meds, not sure about the other though, but am sure that someone will be along to help. x

Elena

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »

Very difficult to know what to do as I wonder how much of it is ME and how much is meno-related.  I've always been a bit of a mood swinger :(

BUT I did used to have a fantastic memory, be really on the ball and good at my job.  Sadly those days have gone :(

rebecca

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:27:06 PM »

I have often wondered how ladies in professional positions (ie. lady judge,doctor/dentist, teacher ) cope with this 'loss of memory' :o   Awful!

Rebecca   

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »

My husband is the same age as me (58) and he has the same sort of problems with memory. I think it is not always hormone related. His friends all say the same too - going into a room and forgetting why, forgetting people's names and losing their thread halfway through a conversation. I read somewhere last week that research has shown that our brains just get too full of useless information and then we can't retain the important stuff. I will try to find out where I read it.... can't remember!

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »

Thanks Taz, that's what I wonder too. If it is me and the fact that I have loads on my plate atm and a lot of stress plus getting old and the brain cells all dying off!

I dont want to go on HRT for something that isnt meno-related.  I had bad period pains and even worse mid cycle pain and i dont miss that at all.  Wouldnt want to go back to that just for something that is nothing to do with  meno.  I know that at my age (54)  I would probably be given the no-bleed version but even so some people get period type pain just from using Vagifem.  I cant say I have noticed that, thank goodness.  It's good to have some advantages of the meno at least.

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »

I am inclined to think that the loss or lowering of estrogen is involved with memory problems

http://www.realsmartdoctors.com/dev/index3.cfm?VID=1231096830001

http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php's=ab8599c91e8797a3578f5b9bf527e111&showforum=37

Estrogen sparks the comunication of dendrites in the brain if I remember rightly.

Elena

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 01:19:55 PM »

What could be the cause of memory loss in men if that is the case?

Rowan

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 03:10:43 PM »

Men go through changing hormone levels too, the andropause.

http://www.andropausesociety.org/about-andropause

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 02:59:19 PM »

I've had problems in recent weeks.

Last week I met a new puppy - although I called him by name whilst fussing his coat, from yesterday  I can't remember it  :-\

Same with a neighbour who I've known for years - name has gone completely.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 03:03:20 PM by CLKD »

Moneypenny

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »

I also find that by the end of the day I run out of words!  It's like I've used up my quota or perhaps by the end of the day I just can't be arsed anymore?  Either way I just don't want to talk of an evening.  Is this just me?

Sally S

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2020, 09:38:29 AM »

Geez, these posts are so reassuring to hear. My focus on things has really gone and if I’m doing something and then get distracted,  then sometimes I forget to do things.   You mention about forgetting to pick your children up, Cassie, I really beat myself up, as I once started to walk out of a birthday party with my youngest and someone said aren’t you taking the other one home and I momentarily forgot I’d taken my 13 year old as she was with friends, not by my side for the whole of the party. I beat myself up for not remembering😌. This really upset me as I obviously adore both of them!!!

Barnacle

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 01:59:34 PM »

I've had problems in recent weeks.

Last week I met a new puppy - although I called him by name whilst fussing his coat, from yesterday  I can't remember it  :-\

Same with a neighbour who I've known for years - name has gone completely.

It's probably down to feeling worried about your trip. Your mind is working overtime and needs a few days of "normal" to get itself back on track.

melbh

• First Flush
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2020, 12:04:19 PM »

Dear all, Having a tough menopause, I've just joined - this Forum will make me feel much better, I think, less alone and crazy. I have all the classic symptoms, and doing all the right things (taking ADs at times, as needed, though not HRT - not yet, anyway). But for all the psycho-symptoms, HOW do you stop yourself from imagining you have Alzheimer's, or that you'll inevitably get Alzheimer's, from having one's brain in such a state for all these menopause years? Obviously, this thought makes things worse and I do use CBT awareness on it. I'm basically healthy, working, happily married, etc. But how do you all prevent yourself from having the Alzheimer's thought, and manage instead to so helpfully laugh about it all - the brain-fog, depression, anxiety, etc - as a meno-symptom? Thanks.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2020, 12:07:11 PM »

Hi Melba

:welcomemm:

DS68

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »

Oh yes... Made redundant early in lockdown... Fast forward to ZOOM interview for new job... Asked the usual what attracts you to the position your applying for?  Well to say I got sidetracked mid answer is an understatement, I was like a Google search - went completely of topic for so long, ended up somewhere way off track, I had to ask to be reminded what the original question was 🤭😂😂
Pages: 1 [2] 3