Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Feeling physically sick with back pain  (Read 19211 times)

Joyce

Re: Feeling physically sick with back pain
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2013, 02:27:51 PM »

Well today I was washing some dishes, nothing exceptional, when wham I got horrendous stabbing pain in my back. Thought I was going to pass out. Went to sofa to find a comfortable position - none found. I didn't shout out, I never do. So hubby found this bubbling wreck on the sofa and said right "enough's enough" and tried to phone GP. Useless as on their lunch break. Anyway I breathed through the pain until it was more bearable. Tried phoning surgery after their lunch break, recorded message stated they would answer phones at 1.30. Did they heck! 2pm and I went and told them I'd been phoning for 30 minutes! Is it an emergency? they asked. Told them that 90 minutes ago it was! So they've given me emergency appointment for later this afternoon. I can't keep going on with this flaring up. First time it has been so bad during the day, so obviously nothing to do with lying in awkward position. I've taken some pain relief in the meantime.  Wish me luck that GP does something useful this time!

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »

Hope it goes well   

:hug:

Rowan

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 03:25:28 PM »

cubagirl you should have gone to A&E as soon as you felt the horrendous pain.x

Rosebush

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »

Cuba hope you get a refferal to someone who can help.. :-*

Elena

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »

did they give you something to help CG?

Joyce

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »

Got sent away like a silly little schoolgirl! I was in & out in 5 minutes. Can't get them to understand that pain is not on the surface, so no amount of prodding is going to hurt! Basically told it was a spasm. I sat there and said that it kept happening and what should I do? To which end I was prescribed gel and told to take cocodamol. That's all very well and good but no sodding use for sudden pain! Basically tough luck! 

Elena

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »

>:(   very cross on your behalf CG

How is it atm?

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »

Sore, but bearable thanks. This has been ongoing for around 2 years. Today GP said I had been rather a lot recently. He wasn't best pleased that I had refused to take prescribed anti-inflamatory from last visit. I told him I'd read the leaflet which emphasised possible stomach bleeding, let alone they contained lactose which messes up my stomach anyway without the added bonus of stomach bleeding. I took them back to pharmacy. Hubby had offered to go with me today, but I refused, wish I had now, as he saw how much pain I was in.

ariadne

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »

So sorry to read of your back pain and unhelpful GP visit. This may not apply in your particular case but last month there was a news report that said 40% of chronic back pain could be cured by antibiotics. Did anyone else read or hear that?

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 08:54:56 PM »

No, didnt see that.

CG is this a one doctor practice or could you see somebody else?

Rosebush

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 09:26:32 PM »

We have 2 GP's i always find out when the one i like is taking surgery and go that day..hope you can try another GP Cuba, its horrible being pushed away like that.. >:( xx

ariadne

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »

Here's an article about antibiotics curing some back pain - hope it's OK to post it.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040354_chronic_back_pain_antibiotics_spinal_injury.html

ariadne xx

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »

I've seen 3 doctors. First said nerve pain. According to DD who is a nurse that's equivalent to saying it's a virus! Second said pulled muscle, but really wasn't sure. Referred to physio, which has made no difference. Third, which was yesterday, pulled my right arm in various directions and basically said he thought it was a spasm. I feel like I've been fobbed off. Fair enough if it's a spasm, but I'm not convinced.

First time I had pain about 2 years ago, girl who does my back massages found something "boney" at point of pain, which wasn't ribs. Recommended visit to GP. She even drew picture for him. That was poo-poohed. I told him that I have been having this for best part of 2 years and that it is excruciating at times. What more can I do? I came home and blubbed yesterday, I'm getting so frustrated with it. I don't know when it's going to happen, it just does, like someone flicking a switch.

Interesting article though Ariadne.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:03:12 AM by cubagirl »

Limpy

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2013, 02:55:44 PM »

CG sorry the GP was useless.

Next time take hubby with you.
I know we shouldn't have to do this, but if it's the only way to get listened to.........
Also, speak to your back massage girl and get something written down in medical speak, to go with the pictures.

Agree with you about anti-inflamatories, they ;
1 Ruin your stomach, pharmacists say so
2 Don't do your heart any good (report out this week)
3 Don't seem to reduce significant pain - personal opiniion

Hope you get some relief soon

Joyce

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »

Well I have now made an appointment to see an osteopath who I used to go to several years ago. It's not cheap, but need to get someone who knows more about backs. He will be able to feel for any skeletal problems.  I may still not be any better off, and it will have cost me, but if it works it will be worth it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4