Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Frozen shoulder  (Read 37416 times)

joyce21

Re: Frozen shoulder
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »

Hi
Just found this post, I had a frozen shoulder about 10 years ago, because I have a clotting disorder I can't have intra muscular injections, or the wave form therapy, so it was down to good old fashioned physio. I was told that there's no such thing as "frozen" what happens is we have some kind of injury, this causes pain, this stops us using it, and this causes muscle atrophy, so the physio is just to build the muscle back up.
I went for about 5/6 months and it worked for me, very slowly at 1st, they used to put my arm in a sling and attach it by some hook type thing, to a metal grid above the bed,then i would be left to just swing my arm side to side, each week the hook thing was made just a little higher.
I know what you mean about the jarring, I was working in a shop at the time, and one day when I was serving someone their 2ltr bottle of pop fell towards me, I instinctively went to catch it, OMG the pain was awful, I couldn't cry, but I felt sick, and the customer asked me if I was ok? when I asked how he knew there was a problem, he said because you've just turned grey in front of my eyes lol.
I have recently started having problems in my right shoulder (last time it was the left) so i'm keeping an eye on it, and if it looks like getting any worse then I'll ask the doctor to refer me before it gets too bad, I don't ever want that again.
hope you get sorted out soon.
xx

panda762

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »

Hi Joyce21,

I'm finding physio too painful (just makes it worse).
Have got an appointment to speak to a surgeon 17th July (jolly old NHS waiting list) although after speaking to my consultant it's unlikely I'll be offered an operation because I can move my arm a little bit.

My frozen shoulder wasn't via any injury - it just came on from nowhere.

I shall be having some acupuncture on it soon (again - NHS waiting list) although I'm not holding out much hope for any improvement.

Only another 2+ years to go (apparently) until it 'heals itself'....!!!!

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 07:14:58 PM »

:bounce: - there are others!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]