Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: excessive vaginal discharge  (Read 161177 times)

Suzi Q

Re: excessive vaginal discharge
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm so hoping someone can relate to this!
I am 51, periods irregular so I know the Big M is upon me!  Everyone says a big symptom is vaginal dryness but I have just the opposite problem and it's really unpleasant. About a week after the end of a period I get lots of shiny, clear discharge- no smell, no irritation. Just wet!  I even had to use tampons on holiday in July to make the days more comfortable (and that helped, so I know its vaginal and not bladder related).  Haven't had a period since end Sep, but am suffering this week with more wetness, and a low dragging pain like a period pain.   I have been to the doctors about it, but of course it didn't happen at the time.  She said to go back if it recurred, but I've been there for other, unrelated things 2 or 3 times over the past couple of weeks and I can't go back again yet!
I'm thinking it may be due to crazy hormones.  I had a smear test (routine) about 3 weeks ago but not had results yet. I don't think that has anything to do with the problem though.  It just seems odd that only dryness is mentioned as a problem.  Or am I just weird!?  Love to hear from anyone with ideas!   :)

Be happy your hormones are working well I had the same but at 36 not 51
Its normal OK xxxxxxxxxxxxx chill xxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Jane44

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »

Hi Machair yes I feel great when the mucoid loss is there !!! So strange then when I don't have it I get the burning mouth and some brown loss now and then dry hair and palpitations is defo fluctuating hormones me thinks.. Oh the joy thanks for posting

Suzi Q

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:54 AM »

As a teenager in the late 60s and long before pantyliners, I went on an exchange trip to Germany. Girls being girls(!), one of the things which became a hot topic was that the German girls regularly changed their undies twice a day. Seems they were much more aware and proactive in dealing with normal teenage hormonal discharge than us Brits. Funny how these obscure facts lodge in the mind  ;D

Same hee but my pal had 2 French girls of 14 or so and theyd wear the same knickers for 2 or 3 days she was horrified !!! Gosh though as I wrote before I remember so well coming home from school amd going to the loo
Seeing the gunk on my knickers they could have walked Id wash them in the bathroom sink with loads of soap
Could neber get rid of some of the colour though Thats when MUM said right from now on u wash your own knickers We werent poor at all BUT we didnt have a washing machine or fridge and I still dont know why
We could well have afforded it? Thats abouth the time soft tissue came in and id fold loads and put it in my knickers some days Id take a pile off the roll and put it in a paper bag so I could use it at school
Dad would go nuts saying whos using the toilet roll hehehehehe gosh those were the days rubbish hey!!!! ;D

Machair

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »

Wondering about this again- lots of watery discharge. Rosekay I know you started this thread- has yours stopped now?

I am sure I should be happy to have lots of fluid down there but it does seem excessive!

Waiting for a period again - full of PMT

Anyone else have more watery discharge through the final months of peri? I think the opposite may be round the corner.

RebeccaTM

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »

I'm suffering with the watery discharge today and I'm post menopause...I have no ovaries nor tubes.

I'm keeping a diary as it may be happening in a pattern which is related to the days I use Replens, although I understand it's just one of those things which can happen post menopause.

I've seen my gynaecologist about some bleeding which occured a few weeks ago, which turned out to be caused by a shrinking fibroid and I have the option to see him again over the next six months with any other problems so if this persists I will give him a call.

But, Jeez...it's horrible being wet all the time!

msanderson

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »

Hi
I too started to have this symptom. I thought I had peed my pants and in fact have had 2 incidents when I had to change them.
I had a hysterectomy (I still have 1 ovary) in Jan and started to suffer from vaginal atrophy so was prescribed vagifem plus HRT. I was starting to feel more normal until about a week ago. I started to get a lot of cramping pain similar to period pain along the incision and the atrophy symptoms so I took the vagifem nightly for about 4 days until and the watery discharge happened. I saw a Dr who took a swab and prescribed antibiotics. In the interim I saw my GP when I didn't have any discharge...of course. I explained the symptoms but I didn't get an explanation.
The swab came back clear, the pain has subsided but the discharge remains...quite bad at some points. I haven't used the vagifem pessary for over a week. I wondered if I took too much or when my one remaining ovary decided to squirt out some hormones. It's a bit odd to go from atrophy symptoms to having big gushes.

Any ideas anyone?

M

yellowjo

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 07:31:30 AM »

I have found this thread so reassuring. I've been getting this watery discharge for nearly 2 weeks now. First thing in the morning when I sit up in bed is the worst and it is pale yellow in appearance when I wipe. Throughout the day it isn't too bad and appears a lot paler and more watery. I haven't had a proper period for nearly 2 years. I had a vaginal scan, hysteroscopy and D&C back in January when they also removed my copper coil, which they thought was infected. I've noticed that my hot flushes and night sweats have virtually disappeared recently. An interesting coincidence as some of you have noted. I'm seeing my GP today just to be on the safe side.

Machair

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »

Back on this thread again and just wondering if Rosekay or anyone who previously posted can shed any further light on this topic. Last period I had was late November, so technically I could be in the final few months before meno. However I am still having excess discharge from time to time at the same time as sore nipples, and so presume I am still making oestrogen. The discharge is yellow and watery at times, and occasionally appears very very light brown after it has dried on all day. No infection as not sore, and always in conjunction with sore chest. No night sweats at all either for the last few months. 55 now but was regular till 53. Anyone else have this?

Dorothy

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2015, 11:52:21 AM »

I've always had it, used to long for it to stop.  It got a lot worse about 4 years ago, then started 'drying up' about a year ago and now I am usually like the Sahara down there.  Don't knock it - it's irritating and uncomfortable, but the dryness is worse...

Machair

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2015, 12:48:34 PM »

Thank you Dorothy that is so helpful. So would you say it amped up around the last year before you became fully meno? That seems to me what is happening.

Jenna

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »

Dorothy - have you tried using a vaginal moisturiser? You can use it underneath as well - wherever you have dryness/ soreness. I use 'Yes' water based and it has really helped me. My GP told me about vaginal moisturisers - I didn't even know such a thing existed! She first prescribed Sylk, but that irritated me, so now I have 'Yes'. It is listed in the vaginal treatments at the top of the page. You can get a free sample to see if it suits you, if you contact their website. I hope this might help you! It's worth a try rather than suffering.

Jenna

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »

It's a pleasure, Sparkle!

I really hope it works for you. As I said, it has really helped me - I was in so much pain before. I do use Estriol cream twice a week and 'Yes' water-based on the other days, and that keeps me comfortable - thank goodness. I had really become quite desperate. I also just used 'Yes' for a few months last summer whilst waiting for a hysteroscopy, as I had to stop the estrogen, and I was still OK just using 'Yes' every day. Fingers crossed and please let us know how you get on!

Jenna xx

Dorothy

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »

Machair, I don't think I am fully meno yet, though I can't tell unless I come off the pill.  But discharge was certainly bad when I only had a couple of symptoms and dried up as I got to the stage of ticking ALL the symptoms on the list. 

Jenna, thanks for the suggestion.  At the moment, I am finding Epsom Salts and Omega 7 is helping keep it at bay most of the time, but there are days when a cream would be very helpful!  It's weird having had trouble with too much moisture for most of my life, now having the reverse!!!

linz57

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I wondered if anyone had found any answers as to what  causes this watery discharge.
I started suffering from urogenital atrophy after being post meno for about three years and have been on vagifem initially  and then  changed to a conti hrt patch since then. However, a couple of weeks ago I started experiencing this kind of watery discharge. I have no idea what caused it and swabs showed no infection. For the last few months I have been finding the patch has been causing a brown discharge every so often so I'm thinking something is out of balance, maybe I'm not absorbing enough progesterone .
I've recently added the Vagifem in alongside the patch and this has slightly lessened the flow of the watery stuff.
A couple of months ago I had a D&C and I realise that could cause watery discharge as things heal ,but surely that would have started earlier, not 6 weeks after the procedure?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:36:58 PM by linz57 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]