Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 452516 times)

jaycee

Cacarosa,i am so sorry, i have only just seen your reply to mine on this thread,i had been on the other thread with you and not noticed this
I am sorry you had an abusive partner before this,i also did, twice, was stupid enough to get caught the second time with a similiar man
Not anymore,
Your partner now sounds lovely, and i am sure he would understand, as he has been so supportive in the past with your health problems
Don't worry about having boobs, i tried everything when i was younger, and as your mum says some women could wear them like scarves,lol, mine are not like that,but the HRT has made a difference i think, but i don't want to get looking matronly either

LuLu71

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »

We've been asked the question:
"What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?"

Your answers could create a resource here to help your relationships with your partners.

My sweetheart reminds who I am and also reminds me that what I am going through is temporary and that we will get through this together. He also tries to cook sometimes  :D

Gillyv

Hi,
My hubby is just brilliant, he listens, doesn't judge, doesn't complain, always there for a cuddle and a shoulder to cry on.
Couldn't go through all this without him

:)
Gillyv

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Mine cooks.  Never blames me for anything.  Has the ability to switch off when I rant at the TV  :-\

He puts up with my Mum  :-\  :'(  ::)

He is non demanding in  :bed:, full of encouragement  ;)

Never pressures me to go out and about and tries not to wake me when I sleep on the sofa in the afternoon, I could hear him moving things in the kitchen eversoquietly last week then he dropped a pan. Then there was silence B4 I said "I was kind of awake"  ;D.  Did I say, he cooks  ;)

Do read and print off 'hints for husbands' if you are worried that your partner isn't 'getting it'!

crosscat

Poor man hasnt really had chance to get used to it yet- I didnt! happened almost overnight (just a few weeks). But when the pharmacy didnt have my hrt preseciption he was prepared to go the end of the earth practically to find one that did. Yeah, I was that bad!! Poor man. I think he's getting his head around it. I've sent this thread to him. which may help. He is being very lovely tho.

Cadgwith Girl

Sadly, for me, my long-term partner of nearly 17 years, gave up on me ages ago, stopped loving me, started fancying other women and kind of went behind my back.  When I found out, we split up.  We both no longer trusted each other and I had gone into severe depression accompanied by long term social anxiety.
Long story short ...
I went into perimenopause around the age of 43 after recovering from depression after a missed misscarriage.  At the time I was starting to have terrible mood swings which my partner called 'black moods'.  Neither of us knew at the time what was going on and we muddled through.  By the time we discovered what was really happening to me... the clue was hot flashes which started in December 2017...the damage was already done!
Looking back, I was awful to live with at times but not constantly.  I was still very loving but he would come home from work not knowing what kind of mood I would be in.  I just wish someone could have told us way back then what was happening to me as we might have been able to work it out and still be together.
So, I now find myself on my own battling my way through this horrible phase of my life.  My antidepressants haven't kicked in yet even though I'm nearly into week 5.  All of my partner's female friends and family are much younger than me so I had no one to confide in or share notes with.  At least those who I will keep in contact with, I might be able to offer support and advice to when they reach this stage in life; although, I think many of them are now aware because of what I have told them and because of what has happened to us! I really hope I get another chance at love in this lifetime and hopefully find someone who really is supportive, loving and understanding!

Baby

Nothing!!

Ladybt28

Hey baby the fact they have done nothing, is that a good thing or a bad thing? (I'm guessing bad  :()

Baby

Basically I could be crawling on the floor sobbing and he does nothing or I could be having a good day and he does nothing. No hugs no encouragement like it's a woman's problem and I have to get on with it. Been married for 30 years but he seems to have no emotions.x :(

CLKD

Mine loved me from the day we met.  Otherwise we wouldn't be together this far along the years!

Baby

We used to talk but I think because I have always suffered with anxiety he just cannot believe that how I am can be caused by hormones. I told him about the information for husbands and he said he wasn't going to waste his time reading about menopause because HE was living it. X

CLKD

No help there then!   You stay with him for any particular reason?  I would be spitting bricks!!

Baby

I do love him and he is a good person. A few people I know think he is depressed. He is a very black and white thinker. He doesnt really believe in mental health even tho our daughter has problems. I think he follows his mother, she's quite unemotional. When he told her I was in menopause she said well you just have to get on with it.

Baby

Well was talking to a neighbour about the menopause yesterday. Her hubby was there too. She's doing well on her HRT. Anyway her hubby turned round and said you ladies need lots of love and hugs at this time of life and he gave me one massive hug. Ain't a bad thing when you get hugs from a neighbour and not your other half.

JJ51

;D :D :-* paid off my loan...so just gotta get myself sorted. Hugged me and just said I want you to be happy.. x
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20