Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 433915 times)

Karensims81

• First Flush

...Sleep in a separate bed !! ;D

Kay21

Stayed away from me 🤣🤣

corianne

When I come out with (yet another) symptom he believes me.
When I am crying and telling him I feel useless he comforts me.
When I can't do anything because I haven't slept or my bones and head ache he takes over.
He listens, and as much as he can, he understands.
Shame he won't get to see this as it's the nicest thing I've said about him in 20 years...  ;D

Gabs

He loves and cares for me more then I do for myself. He believes in me and helps me blow my nose when I can't because I cry so badly.  ;D

Ollie Wombles

• First Flush

Believed me and tried to understand. Taken over when I can't cope and given me permission to not do stuff or have time to myself when I'm overwhelmed. Sounds strange I know, he's not controlling or anything but sometimes I need someone to step in and actually tell me. Showing me that he loves and cares for me as much as I do for him; we have a future together despite everything and me being 'funny in the head' at the moment.

Tootsey11

Left.

Uptick

Tootsey11   :rofl:

Wrensong

Ah, Tootsey11, bless you  ;D

Lindyh

• First Flush

My hubby doesn't really understand this whole menopause  stuff !! he's got problems of his own regarding mental health & nerve pain, so I don't really say  a lot to him. He knows I've got hot flushes, but anything else I don't think he gets !!! ::) We've been together since we were 15 & are in our 36th year of wedded bliss, so now, we've both got various health problems to deal with.  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

What support does DH get for his mental health issues?  MIND are very good.

There is a list to print out for husbands on the Forum somewhere ......... gives them a little idea ;-)

CLKD

He loves me.  Regardless  :-*

sheila99

Print off the Advice for Husbands post, it's pinned in one of the forums. I did that and gave it to OH and DD to read. It gives them an understanding of what you're going through and why you might not be your normal cheerful self.

CLKD

That's the 1, I'll try and bump the page Lindyh.

Sarahjane

• First Flush

Being there every single day for me since I was 16 and still loving and supporting me 43 years on.
He walks alongside me every single step of this menopause journey (nightmare  :)

Three

• First Flush

My husband always brings me a cat if I’m depressed or tearful 😿
Best good feeling In the midst of it all
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20