Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?  (Read 442121 times)

babyjane

Stuck it out and is still here despite my frequent attempts to drive him away  :cuss: :poke2: :steamed: :rant:

He deserves a :medal:

Kazbear

Been there throughout this dreadful time of severe health anxiety and panic.  He's been the calming voice, and is so supportive. Had an awful time over the last few weeks, culminating in A & E Thursday morning and he took a days holiday yesterday and made me not go in and stay with him.  I couldn't do this without him, honestly.

Stella1

He read the advice for husbands! Thanks for writing that. Afterwards he made me a crème brulee in a heart shaped dish.  :)

Bren51

To be honest my husband is not the best in dealing with me. He is trying his hardest but he always gets it wrong but God love him he's trying. He just thinks I'm looking for attention and it's my way of getting some pity I don't want his pity I just want him to maybe go away and come back in a few years ha ha but that's not gonna happen so for now I have to just ride this out alone because no matter how I try explain what I'm going through he's never gonna understand . He does all the cooking all the cleaning helps me so much around the house but I don't want that I just want a nice heart felt cuddle n nice words but after 34 years I don't hold out any hope of that x

Dandelion

I wish I had one.
IT was always my fear to be a lonely old spinster and here I am fear materialised.

dulciana

Really good that you've joined MM, then, Dandelion.  I hope you're finding the support here helpful.

:foryou:

Dulciana

babyjane

the best thing my husband has done for me to help me is to love me unconditionally and continue to love me even though, at times, he has received little in return.  It will be our Ruby wedding anniversary soon and, finally, things are coming together now the menopause is no longer such an issue and I am getting treatment for my anxiety.
The best thing we can do for our husbands/partners is to communicate and let them know what is happening.  They are not mind readers and are not women so do not automatically understand all the meno nonsense.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Well said Babyjane - Himself has often said "I can't read your mind, *tell* me!"  ::)

Dennylou48

My husband just don't get it, so I printed it all out for him to read and then he felt guilty, 3 years of shear hell he said I have given him, but he's still here lol. If I'm having a bad day which is most days he comes in from work looks at me and says them effing hormones been here again, and I just laugh. He's a diamond. Never expects anything. Xx

Iris67

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2016, 12:03:51 PM »

Best thing? Supported us financially so that I can work if and when I like. Oh, and always telling me I'm gorgeous  :)

Minnie123

Re: What's the best thing your partner has done to help you through the menopause?
« Reply #190 on: September 09, 2016, 11:50:43 PM »

He identified the menopause matters site and passed the details to me.  I can't believe the information available. Don't feel so isolated now I have the forum with like minded women.

nothappybun

« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »

I told him the other day I had my passport pictures taken to renew it and I thought I looked terrible, old and ugly, when I showed him before saying anything he said " you are beautiful, those are good pictures of you, you look really beautiful"  ;D ;D ;D but he won't talk menopause matters, it's like talking to a brick wall, he doesn't want to know.

Misstidy

« Reply #192 on: September 26, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »

My partner met me after my total hysterectomy with BSO.  I was still in recovery really and not feeling great at all.  He told me I am a real woman to him and he has been nothing but kind, romantic and supportive.  He buys me flowers and tells me how beautiful I am.  He has made me feel very special and given me some of my confidence back.

Peacegirl

Not leave me  ;) seriously though, at my lowest point and after 5 weeks of little sleep, I told him that I didn't want him to suffer and more living with a permanently ill person and he should leave. He just said he loved me and wanted to be with me forever  :veil: he's 7 years younger than me and quite energetic, so I do worry about appearing as decrepit as I feel inside. He is the love of my life and I met him aged 50 after 8 years of being single and a year of hrt. 😍

Me-too

Leave.  I didn't think it at the time, but in my current state I am rather glad I am single.  Sweaty, crabby and blubbing over nothing all the time is not terribly attractive so I'd rather keep this to myself.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20