Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Zopiclone  (Read 15663 times)

Ziggy

Re: Zopiclone
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »

I was prescribed Zoplicone for 10 days. It had no effect on me what so ever, made no difference to my sleeping and  I had no side effects when I stopped taking it.

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »

It took 3 months for me to withdraw from one medication, can't remember which, by gradually tapering.  I was quite ill then though so probably noticed the side effects more.
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

purplenanny

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »

I am sad to say I took a Zopiclone tablet last night. I have tried for several nights now not to go back to it, but I am miserable and tired. Last night I felt I wanted to take half a dozen the way I was feeling. It is a shame as I have managed for several weeks without it

I will try not to take one this night, but my mood is so very low.

Purplenanny x x

EAB

• Every day brings another challenge
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »

Purplenanny
Sorry you are struggling but taking a sleeping tab here and there isn't going to do you any harm. My doc said you can take 3 or 4 nights running then have a break for a few nights in the week and you are less likely to become dependent on them. Needs must for your sanity, I know I've been there and sometimes still am.
I haven't taken any for a week now and manage to get off to sleep but am awake about 3 hours later then toss and turn till about 6 am.
If I felt I had to take occasionally in an emergency then I would.
Take care and don't worry about taking them when you have to.
Xx
Anne B

Rowan

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »

I agree with what Anne B has said, lack of sleep is far worse for your health then the occasional zopiclone.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »

Lack of sleep is used as a torture method so grabbing a few consecutive nights is OK!  Give yourself 3-4 nights good quality sleep then take a break from the medication.  If then you are awake you will know that you've had some sleep and that if you have problems in a few nights hence, you can take medication.  The thing is to take it early enough in the evening a) not to fall asleep too soon but b) not to wake hung over  ::)

JJ

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2012, 02:40:57 PM »

If you feel you need it Purplenanny - take it, we get no medals for not taking prescribed meds  ;)

purplenanny

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:52 PM »

Thank you ladies, I am just so scared of getting hooked agin but I really need to sleep. I hate my life at the moment and wish I could see a light at the end of this very long tunnel, I have cried all day today for my lost love. I wish he would come back to me. They say it will happen, but I am not convinced

Bette

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:13 AM »

:hug: PN.
He will be back, try to believe that.  :foryou:
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 07:56:06 AM »

Sorry PN that you have problems ......... crying can ease the turmoil and is Nature's way ........

Dyan

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »

Hi Purplenanny,
Please,please stay positive in thinking that one day you WILL get your husband back.
My husband thought I'd gone forever but my psychiatrist told him," I'll get your wife back".
It took longer than we both expected,but I came back!
I know it's hard but try and be positive for your husband but at the same time he has to have a positive attitude too.
Easier said than done when you are where he is.
However bad I felt I kept telling myself,"you'll get there,you'll get there"
At times I did think that it would never end but I quickly turned it around.
Perhaps the CBT came into it then.

It is very hard for the person who is looking on and my husband will admit he went through a difficult time too seeing me each day struggling but with his love,optimism and belief in the help I was getting we made it!

:hug: for you both at this difficult time.

Love Dyan X

Trey

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »

I am re- addicted to Valium and will use the UK Ashton method to withdraw as did before.  But right now sleep and sanity trump addiction.  At least I don't become tolerant and don't need increasing doses so easier to get off. The Ashton method will prevent withdrawal or did for me.  I do notice my short term memory improves when off.  Right now I don't care about that.  In fact would like to let a lot of short term stuff go by the wayside.

PN, I had a mini breakdown years ago and came all the way back, and came back stronger.  I say mini, but it was terrifying.

Dyan

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »

Hi Trey :hug:

Rowan

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »

Trey I googled UK Ashton Method  http://www.benzosupport.org/index.htm - what an informative site! thank you for posting it.

I noticed that they suggest the Lindon Method which is also excellent.

A must for the "favourites" I think.

purplenanny

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »

Thank you for caring so much ladies, your support is incredible. I am normally such a positive person but hubby's illness is draining me.
I took another pill last night so I will now try to have a few nights without
Purplenanny x x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4