Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Newsletter

twitter facebook blogger

Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 926

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 1277900 times)

Daisydot

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #13320 on: May 16, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »

Not a great start to the day for you LL but you rescued it well.I hope alls well with your mum tonight xx

CLKD

« Reply #13321 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »

Not a lot.
Attacked the bathroom with a thick layer of 'cif'.  Sparkling now.
Into town for groceries
Posted some snail mail
Evening meal - eaten ; have felt better this afternoon
Watching TV
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Lanzalover

« Reply #13322 on: May 16, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »

Hi Daisydot

Mum not so good tonight but I think she is tired more than anything she doesn't sleep well at the best of times but it is very busy and noisy on ICU the nurse did say she is well enough to go to the ward now but they are having to wait for a bed so hopefully tomorrow she will be moved onto the ward they have bays with either 4 or 6 beds in each bay rather than the huge ward she is on now so it should be a little more peaceful .Also it is very dark on the ICU whereas the ward is brighter and more airy and Mum is always more happy in light bright places.

Lanzalover x

Daisydot

« Reply #13323 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:59 PM »

Hi LL. thatís not so good but sheís probably very stressed with a noisy environment like that so as you say maybe when sheís gets moved onto the smaller ward sheíll be a bit perkier I know my mum would have hated that,when we had mixed wards here my dad used to say to me two of them old women keep trying to get in my bed with me every night and we used to laugh and say yeh wishful thinking dad but he was right and when they found him a bed on the smaller menís ward he was so much brighter as he wasnít awake all night watching out for all those floozies after his body lol.( according to him anyway).I hope she has a good restful night and maybe tomorrow things will get moving for her xx

Daisydot

« Reply #13324 on: May 17, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »

Not done much today been stuck in waiting on deliveries.Ive got my trans vag scan tonight and Iím getting really jittery now,first sign of pain and they can whip it straight back out lol think Iím just scared of getting torn as itís been a long long time since anythingís been in there.Ive got to try and go through with it for my own peace of mind as next week Iím seeing mr Parsons,my meno consultant, heís going to discuss trying testosterone so thereís no point in me getting hubby all hot and bothered if it works (after all this time going without)and then I chicken out before the deed is done lol.fingers crossed itís at 6-30pm so pray for me ladies  :rofl: :rofl:

Shadyglade

• Don't be a victim, be a survivor.
« Reply #13325 on: May 17, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »

Lots of jobs today as going to Wells for a couple of nights tomorrow.  :cancan:

Joaniepat

« Reply #13326 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25:07 PM »

Daisydot, I'll be thinking of you at 6.30, hope all goes well.

I've been cracking on with a few jobs today as I've got Women's Physio tomorrow and I've got to go into London for that. Not fussed about that one, but it's urodynamics the following week, so not looking forward to that, what with having to arrive with a full bladder and not knowing what to expect. However, I'm sure you'll be OK tonight, I can feel it in my water  :D.

Hope all your deliveries have arrived.
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #13327 on: May 17, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »

Hi jp yes the little fatsos are all happily munching away and Iíve got my new sunscreen to try later,fingers crossed I get no burning.
Are you having physio for your pelvic floor.urodynamics is the measured pee one isnít it thatíll be tough in London with a full bladder.
Good luck jp and love the joke excellent Iím ďflushed ďwith laughter 😂
Thank you xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #13328 on: May 17, 2018, 04:26:29 PM »

Yes, women's physio for pelvic floor. For urodynamics, you arrive with full bladder and they insert a catheter (gulp), but that's all I know at the moment. Must look it up nearer the time, no point stressing till you have to!
JP x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #13329 on: May 17, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »

Good luck daisydot.. ĎIíll say a little prayer for youí :P
Try to relax, itíll be ok..

Thinking of you menobabe.. youíll be kicking them legs up n down.  :cancan:
when you get home wondering what all the stress was about,

Good luck xx
 Jd x
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:28:12 PM by jillydoll »

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13330 on: May 17, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »

Dropped daughter in town. Did a few jobs in town. Went to see my Mum in her care home and a little lady of 96 is there for a respite break.  They have known each other since aout 1946.  Theyre both a bit hard of hearing and both have alzheimers but we managed a lovely chat with me ďchairingĒ it.  They remembered lots of old people from way back and we had a few laughs.

Then did my weekly shop and came home and had lunch. Had to take daughter to nurse this afternoon and then cooked tea.  Its quite chilly here tonight.

Daisydot

« Reply #13331 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:33 PM »

How lovely very for them PF Iíll bet they had the time of their lives reminiscing itís so good for people to b3 able to do that it really stretches the grey matter.well done.

Daisydot

« Reply #13332 on: May 17, 2018, 07:21:06 PM »

Donít look it up jp itíll give you the heebie jeebies and stress you.your braver than me lol.xx

Daisydot

« Reply #13333 on: May 17, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »

Thank you jd it actually went better than Iíd hoped and well worth forking out £99 for.
She was so lovely she said I had no masses of any kind and as my bladder was full she got some really good pictures which she printed off for the consultant to look at.
She said my ovaries were non existent as completely shrivelled up as was to  be expected in a post menopausal lady.
She said she felt there was no need to do an internal scan as there was nothing to suggest it was needed and because she had such clear pictures of my internals that was enough to tell anyone that I was healthy.
She gave me a full report for the Meno consultant along with copies of everything sheíd filmed so Iím happy with the outcome of that.
Itís such a relief to get that over and done with I finally feel as if Iím in control of things,nearly there now Iím in a good place tonight xx

Joaniepat

« Reply #13334 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:55 PM »

Great news Daisydot. So pleased for you :ola:
JP x
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 926