Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: British Bird Fair - Rutland Water  (Read 4858 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
British Bird Fair - Rutland Water
« on: August 11, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »

If anyone likes conservation etc. this is the place to be next weekend.  Friday, Sat. and Sunday weather allowing.  Lots to see and if interested send me a PM or have a look at the relevant web-site.  We have been for several years and really enjoy ourselves, we take our own grub but there are stalls and some seating around the grounds.  Large marquees of art work, photography, holiday companies, animal charities, apiary ...........

Anne B

Re: British Bird Fair - Rutland Water
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »

Sounds like my kind of thing but unfortunately a wee bit too far away for me. Hope the weather holds up and you have a great time.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:31:46 PM »

:thankyou: - if anyone wants to put it onto their holiday list there is a lot to do in the area: Rutland Water is a large res. not far from the town of Stamford - good for antique shops - and Burleigh House is on the edge of the town.  Oakham and Rugby are close by and Leicester City although I haven't been to the City at all.  However, B&B etc. get clogged up around the Bird Fair as the World and his Wife need beds  ;) - I'm looking forwards to seeing Simon King  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »

Where did THAT year go to.  Sorting out what sandwiches to take, whether we will need wet weather clothing, what time to start out  ::) trouble is the gate PRICE has gone up  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:45:25 PM »

Hope you enjoy CLKD. Is it a day trip for you or are you taking the van.

Sounds great but just a bit far for us.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »

It will be a day trip by car.  Journey takes 1 hour 10 mins. on a good day.  Lots to see, plenty to do - looking forwards to seeing the Simon King talk (good wed-site for a look-see ;-) )