Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thought provoking  (Read 8039 times)

Taz2

Re: Thought provoking
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2013, 05:40:13 PM »

Why on earth would you want to do that Leony??  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »

I know it's a very personal choice. A few women that I know who have had a call back after a mammogram have then had a follow up ultrasound. I don't think operations are done without further investigation.

As for sticking a man's bits into a mammogram machine. Why,it's not their fault. You might as well say you want to shoot mother nature  :-\

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:38 PM »

When I had worries about 4 years ago I saw a Consultant privately and thought he was 'awful' - he did an ultrasound scan but I couldn't see the screen .......  >:( ......... I saw him earlier this year as an NHS patient and was really different.  Reassuring.  Listened to why I was there .... previously I couldn't have built up a working relationship but probably if I needed to see him again ......... so it is important to take all aspects of health treatment on board and be able to talk through issues. 

Men have their problems, I could tellyou stories that would make your hair curl  ;)

leony

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »

Just to let them know how it feels to be poked and prodded in private places my mother always said if men had the first baby and women the second there would never be a third. Its just the indignity of it all at times. 

Joyce

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »

Yeh, I think the professor meant that men might appreciate what we ladies go through. My son had legs waxed for Children in Need. He said it was extremely painful. Photos taken at time showed his pain! Heaven help him if he needed anything else.  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:10 AM »

I've never had any pain from a mammogram - have I just been lucky?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »

Yep Taz you probably have been.  Depends too on where a woman is in her cycle.  Since having surgery there is less to squash under the plate on that side which means it is more painful ..........

Rowan

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »

Mine are so small high  and close to my chest now, just the thought of it makes me squirm, I did have a mammogram just before my op and all was well, but I can still feel those plates squashing them and seeing them thin and flat, and I had very full breasts, I was shaking before they did it and shaking afterwards and feeling sick.

My BR op was the best thing I ever did.

Surely in this day and age there should be a less traumatic way of monitoring women's breasts.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:53:31 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »

Ideally ultrasound would be best but I imagine it's much more expensive and time consuming.
I had a mammogram years ago when I discovered a lump and then an ultrasound. It's was a cycst. Next time was last year at 52. Both times uncomfortable but not painful but I think I have quite a high pain threshold anyway.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »

Mine are  :boobs: It's very uncomfortable, but it's not boobs which hurt the most, its just underneath. Feel like they are dragging skin up from tum. In fact last time, which was in July this year, I had big red weals underneath afterwards.

Rowan

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:01 AM »

HB my breast seemed to continually be sore and tender and sensitive almost through my cycle, and seeing as I grew a fibroid too, I was told I was producing too much estrogen, a good case of "estrogen dominance"

After my hyst they seemed to bloom even more, that's why MY Doctor referred me for a breast reduction, from referral to operation it took 8 weeks now I don't have a murmur  from them and hardly know they are there.

That's why I am cautions with estrogen ( some would not agree I know) and take the minimum dose I can, hormones are so powerful even in small doses, our own or supplemented.

Rowan

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

cubagirl I don't know if you have considered a breast reduction ( its certainly not for everyone) but it seems to me you would be a candidate on the NHS, though it depends on your local Trust.

I could go on gushing about how wonderful it is not to have the weight causing rib and upper back pain, no deep groves on shoulders, no more problems underneath the breasts, not having to pay a fortune for bras, not even having to wear one if you don't want to, the list goes on, and yes you do pass the pencil test, I still do even after seven years.

It is a big decision but hundreds on women do make it in the UK , either privately or on the NHS.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:54:52 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 12:38:52 PM »

It can transform a life. I had a friend at school whose breasts just kept on growing. She had a small frame and they caused such pain and embarrassment. She had to wait until she was about 19/20 and then had a reduction. Her life was transformed along with her personality. She was the happy confident girl she should have been.

I don't blame you for being cautious SL. You have found a regime that works for you and that is great.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

Many a person has suggested reduction to me SL, not a GP I hasten to add. Sure half my back/neck problems would be solved. However, I've gotten used to them & I have a thing about plastic surgery. I'm not disfigured & have always said that I'd never opt for the scalpel.
Hard to believe my boobs were B cups 30 years ago, now GG.

Ju Ju

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 01:29:43 AM »

I had AA boobs until childbirth. Now sport 34F boobs. Definitely hormone related. Most manufacturers of bras seem to think that having large boobs means you lose all sense of style and taste. Oh for a comfortable plain t-shirt bra. The only comfortable well fitting bras for me are fussy and lacy.
Pages: 1 [2]