Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68

Author Topic: Tonight on the menu is ...  (Read 200393 times)

honeybun

Re: Tonight on the menu is ...
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »

I often cook two or three different things, not due to having a veggie in the family just differing tastes.

I have to say I dont struggle with it but then again I used to cook for a living so two or three different things is a doddle  :)  Try 100 for lunch......now that is a challenge.

Honeyb
x

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

Yep me too Mrs P.

Its been about five years since I did any catering jobs and I really dont miss it. Its a young persons job and although I dont consider myself old I know my limitations.
I have even stopped doing family stuff as it was too easy for them to assume I loved it......um no  ;D

I do enjoy trying new things for the family and ideas from this topic will be great.

Honeyb
x

san

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »

Try 100 for lunch......now that is a challenge.
Nightmare  :P I sometimes cook 2 different meals as OH doesn't like some of the food I do. Or I opt for a ready meal. I've gotten lazy since its become just us two. I would like to get back to home cooking and make it a bit more healthy than it has been.

All your posts ar giving me ideas. Thanks ladies  :D

Bette

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »

We always eat the same at main meals apart from the fact that he has "normal" pasta and I have wholewheat. He doesn't like onions (although eats it in my mince!) so I have all the onions in casseroles etc. When I'm on my own, I'll cook things like sweet and sour veggies or prawns, which he doesn't like. When he's on his own, he heats up freezer meals I've made for him!  ::)
Bette x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »

.....   I had some chicken strips so thought I would stir fry them with veggies, make a cheese sauce and put them in home made pancakes   .........

well that's 3 meals for a start!  ::)  I succumbed to a 2nd salad this evening followed by a lemon yoghurty thing - stuffed again  :D

ariadne

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »

Yes Mrs P, I always cook something different for each of us except Saturday (takeaway) and Sunday teatime when our son goes out for a meal with mates and then we just have sausage roll, chips and baked beans (well, I have beans, he doesn't!)

My husband hates anything that has the slightest hint of flavour  ::) He hates onions, garlic, spicy food and oh, well just about everything really! He only likes very plain food and I've had to tell him off sometimes when I've been happily cooking something tasty for myself he comes in and says "Ugh, what's that horrible smell". And I say, "Thank you darling, that's my tea that I've been looking forward to"

I suppose I do it because I want them to have what they enjoy. I just wish they would enjoy the same food as me  ;D

ariadne xx

san

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »

Ariadne my OH is exactly the same. Plan food no sauces and minimal range of veg.

Bette

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »

It's easy for us as we both like plain food!  Mind you, I'm sure that he'd eat less veg if I didn't just put it in front of him. ::)
Bette x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »

Whereas we add ginger and garlic to mostly everything I say 'we' Himself is the Chef.

As a recovering anorexic I can now enjoy most of our meals.  We always discuss what I 'fancy' and sometimes when he's cooking I go 'urggh' as the smell might be strong.  Usually though  :-* ......  I can also sit down with him if he cooks something I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, rather than staying out of the way.

If we go out to eat I choose something he wouldn't cook here.  Some of your dishes sound delicious  ;)

Margarett

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »

We usually eat the same meals, but due to having 1 chicken breast(me) and 1 pork steak(O.H.) that's what we had, with home-grown potatoes, carrots and beans and gravy, and onion rings. No sweet for us during the week.

Scampi

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 08:56:21 PM »

Hubby works away all week, so it's just me and Lady P (daughter) - tonight I had to go to the next town to collect her from a friends (long story, but I was nice mummy rescuing her from a bad weekend!), so not a lot of time for messing with food after we finally got home about 8pm (I'm up for work at 5.30am, so usually in bed by 9.30pm!), so we had quesadillas from a kit - took about 20 minutes and were really tasty.

pixie

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »

I made an easy vegetable korma tonight which consisted of, lentils, butternut squash, curry powder, tomato puree, courgettes, natural yoghurt with brown rice!  (Waitrose recipes website) very good.  Also a small glass of wine with it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:14:29 PM by pixie »

Annika

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 11:10:49 PM »

Wow that does sound good Pixie and healthy. I will have to get that recipe :P

catweazle

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 06:45:18 AM »

Salmon fillets - they're on half price at the supermarket that begins with M  :bounce: :)
Will do roasted mediterranean veg with them (courgette, red onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes in olive oil with italian mixed herbs). Son no2 is going to need some pasta or rice as well to bulk it up because he has an enormous appetite  ::)

Hubby doesn't like salmon so he's getting his own.

Catweazle x

san

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 08:06:25 AM »

Salmon fillets - they're on half price at the supermarket that begins with M  :bounce: :)
Going shopping this morning and will be near a M so will get some for the freezer ... ta  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 68