Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Frequent urine infection at 16  (Read 29462 times)

honeybun

Re: Frequent urine infection at 16
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »

Glad you have found out what is going on Eddie.

Did they say what the best outcome would be. Can they reverse any of the symptoms.

How is your other daughter and your mum?

Honeyb
x

Firewalker50

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »

Hi Eddie

That's a shame that your daughter is diagnosed with PCOS so young (or at any time).  My friend's sister has it and I know the journey she went through to get it under control.  She rarely has any issues now and has two children.  From speaking with her....

I am aware that a low GI diet is very important.   
Chinese medicine and homeopathy / herbalism is known to be very effective.

Interestingly, there are emotional states to consider with this - and a change in lifestyles/realising what can help it emotionally could be a help.  It can be read online.   Food, sweet foodstuffs, anger, creativity are all linked to it.

There is also a book I know she read which she thought was really helpful.
The Low Gi Guide to Managing PCOS
By Dr Jennie Brand-Miller, Prof. Nadir R. Farid and Kate Marsh
Published by: Hodder Mobius books

Apparently their research is fantastic! You can get the book on Amazon for around £8.99

I hope these points help initially and you manage to find something that gets it under control.

Fx

Eddie

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2012, 09:07:26 PM »

I hope that when the tablets start to work the ovaries should return to a normal size, her skin is really bad but has already started to improve after a week, she has always had a hairy back and arms, we did enquire years back about it but the g.p. just dismissed it, luckily she is very fair, strawberry blonde so the hairs don't show too much.
I don't understand how this wasn't notice when they did the laparoscopy back in February. The treatment is only progesterone and should completely stop her periods, but the long term prognosis is possibly being unable to conceive, but we are not thinking that far ahead now.
Eddie. x

Oh, Other daughter is still living with her boyfriend, quite happily. She hasn't had any more seizures and is now on the full dose of Keppra. The local council have now offered her her own tenancy, hopefully she will take it and the boyfriend can then stay with her?

Mum is doing great, still not really putting on much weight, but very much better, physically and mentally. They did find cancer cells in the glands when they did the operation, but between the consultant and mum the decision was made not to have chemo. So we just have to hope that they did remove it all.

Hows your Mum? what happened with her wee pooch?

Eddie. x

Firewalker50, thanks for link, i will google that, the only thing diet wise is that she is probably under weight if anything, she is extremely slim although maybe she will develop some curves now that she is taking hormones treatment. She would very much like that, she could bin her chicken fillets as she calls them.
Eddie. x

Eddie

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »

Just an update. My daughter has now been on hormone treatment for pcos for over a year, and had started getting all the pain again recently. We went for an ultrasound last Friday and came home today to an urgent message from Gp to make an appt for tomorrow!
Eddie. X

honeybun

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »

Any idea why Eddie. Scan results no doubt.

I hope they can get it all sorted out for her.
Let us know how it goes.

Honeyb
X

Eddie

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »

No doubt HoneyB. She looks almost 9 months pregnant! Poor soul. Eddie. X

honeybun

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »

Oh bless her. She is far too young to be having all these problems. All they want at that age is to be having fun.

Hope it goes well.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2013, 11:49:44 PM »

Awe Eddie what a shame. Here's us with all our problems and your poor daughter having to suffer at her age.

Do keep us up to date. Sending you & her  :hug:

Eddie

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 11:13:10 PM »

Scan just showed what we already knew, doc is trying to say its ibs? Well if it is ibs then she is in trouble. She did eventually refer her to gynae when daughter got upset. This pain is cyclic and debilitating, surely not ibs? So now she has anti sickness pills, anti spasmodic pills, anti acid pills, and fybogel too!

Joyce

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2013, 07:34:15 AM »

What a shame Eddie. You're good mum, you're supporting her through this and I'm sure she will be appreciating it. Such a nightmare though that you're not really any further forward. How long will she have to wait to see gynae?  Pain of any sort can be so debilitating. Sending  :bighug:

Eddie

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »

Thanks CG. I reckon we will have a wait for gynae now. However a few weeks back I had to take her to a&e because the pain was so severe, they just check the usual and give more codeine! They told her to go home and wait for her scan. I received an appt for another scan this morning as though she is now being seen at gynae. Should I cancel and wait for docs referral or maybe jump the queue? Eddie. X

Joyce

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »

Jump, jump, jump, especially if it gets her seen quicker.  :)

Eddie

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »

I think we will, I will worry that they will give us into trouble for having a second scan, it won't cause her any probs other than an hours discomfort. Should still be quicker.
Eddie. X

Joyce

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2013, 01:24:13 PM »

If they question it, say you would appreciate second opinion. No harm in that.

Eddie

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:16 AM »

Thought i would update on this, we had second scan which only confirmed poly cystic ovaries, since then we've had a stomach bleed which turned out to be caused by anti inflammatory medication. Great fun for the poor wee soul,  we are not any further ahead, she misses school every week, subjects are failing again, but we are waiting for a referral back to urology to repeat scopes already done last year!
We did find out that her sister has inflammatory bladder disease? Does anyone know if that is hereditary? We really just need answers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8