Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Frequent urine infection at 16  (Read 29482 times)

Eddie

Re: Frequent urine infection at 16
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »

Firewalker, It's not so curved. She has been tested within the last two years for celiacs, negative, but i didn't think about it still being gluten/wheat. She does eat quite a lot of bread and pasta? She was lactose intolerant until about age 8 ish.
Eddie. x

Eddie

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:46 AM »

These links do look like her symptoms, i wonder if she could be tested for food intolerance? Just received an appt for her, a cystoscope? Don't think she knew that was happening, i think this is from the original referral to urology.
Eddie. x

Joyce

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2012, 10:06:50 AM »

Eddie one of the best ways to discover if she has intolerance, is by dropping stuff from her diet for a couple of weeks.  If you think it's wheat, drop everything with wheat, it gives the body time to recover.  Then reintroduce the wheat in small quantities.  If symptoms re-occur you will have found your problem.  Unfortunately, if it's not wheat and is something else in her diet, it could be a very long & laborious process trying to determine the source.

I'm lactose intolerant, but to date it hasn't caused me any problems with urinary infections, but we are all different.

Firewalker50

« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »

Hi Eddie.   Wheat intolerance, wheat allergy and what sensitivity are perhaps different levels of tolerance - some may show up like coeliac and others may just be like IBS, although inside your system is struggling to cope with the wheat / gluten.

By removing it for a while - it can do  no harm.  Indeed, studies show (no time to find link here) that removing gluten completely (zero tolerance) can improve brain power and overall health.

Glad you found the curved ball something to think about.

Fx

Eddie

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

Yep, I'll do some research about changing her diet. Can't do any harm. Thanks.
Eddie. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »

What's with the box Eddie  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

Eddie has not updated her weight loss for a few weeks CLKD. She needs to bit the bullet and do it  ;D ;D

She has been getting some gentle ribbing on one of the other topics  ;)

Come on Eddie....fess up.

Honeyb
x

Eddie

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »

Um....... what have i missed?

Oh, not lost any weight, frightened to go near the scale.  :(

Eddie. x

Joyce

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »

I'm frightened too.  Only time they come out is to weigh suitcases these days! Lol  Which I hasten to add are considerable lighter than me.  ;D

Eddie

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »

Update, She had scope yesterday, all fine and healthy as expected. Next step is an ultrasound on Wednesday. Now she has an infected throat, 4rth time this year, so possibly docs tomorrow unless it eases overnight.
Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

Sounds like she needs a tonic!  Could it be yeast/Candida problems?

Firewalker50

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »

Hi Eddie

That's interesting that she has recurrent throat and recurrent Urine infections.   

It may not be connected, but the Group B Streptococcus (GBS) Infections affect throat, vagina and bladder.

Anyway, here's looking forward to a helpful scan result.

Fx

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »

Get your GP to do a Strep test!

Eddie

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

We have a diagnosis, finally after a cystoscope showed nothing, an ultrasound was done, we had to wait over four weeks for the result because it was sent to Urology where we were originally referred but haven't had a appointment there. Anyway it turns out that she has poly-cystic ovary syndrome. The scan showed her ovaries to be almost double the size they should be. So she has hormone tablets to take, she couldn't have the best one though because she has had migraine headaches with visual disturbances? Also G.P. said that it doesn't explain the pain really, but i think that as we know the pain is definetly linked to her cycle that it will decrease substantially, if not then it's a referral to gynae. As for the urine infections? apparently they are not a symptom of PCOS so we still have to wait for the urology appt.
Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »

Urine infections can be linked to hormones though, I had several for 'no apparent reason' and in hindsight ...........
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8