Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Frequent urine infection at 16  (Read 29144 times)

Firewalker50

Re: Frequent urine infection at 16
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

How can you have let her down Eddie?  You have tried alternatives but they do not seem to fit at this point.

I hope your GP is helpful to you.  Perhaps the fact you are trying to get private organised may be enough for her/him to realise you are serious.

Fx

I feel a bit confused, but I have to say this Eddie.  My consultation allowance with Westfield does not have any relationship with any condition.  In other words, I can use it for anything and pre-existing conditions do not matter.   Unless they have changed their policy or unless ours is different because it is a Corporate policy.  That's a pity if they have applied that restriction.

Eddie

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

When i called up, i was asked if i was enquiring via a employment policy or personal?

We have been back to see our own g.p. she has referred her for a full abdominal ultrasound. She reckons 2-3 weeks. The urine test wes clear again.

She thinks if it was endometriosis the pain would have gone by now, that's over two weeks.

She got buscopan and losec to see if it is her bowel. Trial and error i suppose until we get answers.

Eddie. x

honeybun

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »

I think from what I have read that Westfield will cover pre existing dental problems but that is it.

I suppose I can understand this because in theory you could take out a policy short term.....get the treatment and then cancel. They dont make any money that way.

Dont know whether you picked up my suggestion Eddie, but have you phoned Ross Hall. They are bery helpful as we have paid for quite a few things there ourselves. My son had week blood vessels in his nose and really suffers from terrible nose bleeds. Every so often we have to have it cauterized and as the NHS makes such a mess of it we always go private and pay just to get it done properly. Ross Hall is the one we use.

When you spend the night in A & E can you not insist she is admitted. Seems a bit much that they keep sending her home. Poor little soul she must be really scared.

Honeyb
x

Eddie

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »

HoneyB, Do i just call them up and enquire?
Eddie. x

honeybun

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

Yep thats exactly what you do.

The reception desk will direct you to the correct department and then you talk to the secretary of the consultant and she will be able to give you prices and whether they are private only, or do NHS as well.

I have found them really helpful and although you may be passed around a bit to start with, you will get to the correct person in the end.

Its a lovely hospital and the staff are great. I have had a few things done there as has OH and we were impressed by the care.

Honeyb
x

gilaray

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

You could get an ultrasound within 2 -3 days if you go privately, not 2 -3 weeks, cost around £300
To my mind 2 -3 weeks when you are suffering is a lifetime
I had a 'scare' with my heart last yr. I needed an ultrasound and was not prepared to wait and worry. I simply called my nearest private hospital, booked an appt, took a referral letter with me and the whole process took 2 days.
It really is that easy and its the same process if you need to see a consultant.
There are lots of ifs and buts about what  may be wrong with your daughter but there is clearly a problem that needs addressing. What you need is a difinitive answer and you need it quickly so that she can be put on the road to recovery

Eddie

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 09:34:02 PM »

I know what you mean, however just now she is sitting outside in the garden with friends and she's coping, i'm having to go by what she tells me. Also, what if this buscopan helps and ibs maybe doesn't show up on scan?
We really don't have £300 spare just now, but if she goes downhill i wouldn't hesitate.
Eddie. x

Taz2

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 08:00:19 AM »

IBS doesn't show up on a scan anyway Eddie - it's a diagnosis you are given once all other possibilities have been ruled out.

Taz

Eddie

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

Just to update, she's felling much better, maybe ibs right enough, but better to have the scan to rule out things. Back to school tomorrow and her cycle not too far away, lets see if things repeat themselves.
Eddie. x

Firewalker50

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »

Thanks for the update.  I had been thinking about her.

Fx

Bette

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 12:03:03 PM »

If it is IBS, Eddie, I can recommend a great book - Irritable Bowel Solutions by Prof. John Hunter. You can get it on Amazon.
Bette x

Taz2

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »

That's good news Eddie although IBS wouldn't release blood into the abdomen which I found to be the most worrying symptom unless it is endo?

Taz x

Firewalker50

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »

I agree with Taz, Eddie.

Perhaps I am not following it properly, and if I have missed something, please forgive me.  I don't always have time to read back all the posts.

My understanding is that (i) she has urine infections most weeks (ii) she had op - for appendix I think - during which they found blood from her fallopian tubes into her abdomen and (iii) she is exhibiting signs of IBS and (iv) she is regularly on ABs to clear up the urine infections.

ABs could potentially be creating her IBS since it destroys all the good bacteria we need to be healthy.

I am not aware that IBS could cause blood into her abdomen.

Did they comment or do any further tests when they found the blood in on her fallopian tubes and in her abdomen?  Do they plan to follow that up?   

Is there blood in her urine when she has the infection?

Has anyone linked the Urine infections and the blood in her abdomen?   Are both symptoms a sign of anything else when considered together?

Sorry Eddie, I am just a bit confused and concerned that the situation appears to be floating from one set of symptoms to another without anyone pulling it all together as a whole picture.

She must be weary from it and you must be demented with everything else going on.

Fx

Eddie

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

Taz and Firewalker, you are both right.

She has had a good few courses of antibiotics, sometimes with positive urine tests, a few times untested. Initially not with blood in the urine. She had a few weeks of drink lots of barley juice and cranberry juice which in her opinion did help the symptoms. When she hap the laparoscopy there was no follow-up other than advice that if it happened again she would need to be seen by gynae.  I was made to feel that it was fairly common for blood to be present outside the tubes, although i have never heard anyone else say that, until Taz linked the endo website. IBS? She was told years back when she had sore tummies that she had ibs, and i think maybe the gp has just linked it to this, but i do have doubts about it just being ibs. 1) When it started her back around her kidneys was very painful. 2) Blood in the abdomen, surely if this was true from ibs it would require further investigation.

Hopefully the scan will reveal the problem, when she went to a&e the second time i asked specifically about the blood in the abdomen and was told that she (doctor) would be able to feel if that was the case. As i said her period is due next week hopefully we won't have a repeat of this month. She has been taking the tablets Buscopan and losec so if it does come back i am sure it is not just ibs.

I do appreciate your thoughts and everyones input.

Eddie. x

Firewalker50

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2012, 11:59:45 PM »

Eddie - I am going to throw you a curved ball here.   It only occurred to me when I re-read the last couple of posts.

Do you know if she is wheat sensitive? 

My own daughter also had sore tummies that we thought was IBS.  At first we thought milk / dairy was triggering it.  Then she was told she was wheat sensitive, and sure enough that was the case - more evident with some forms than others.  Here is just one link.

http://solvingtheibspuzzle.com/wheat-sensitivity.html

We read about the wheat/urine infection link at the time too.  Here is another link to introduce you to the subject/idea.

http://www.99eyao.com/english/a/a4731.htm

If you see a connection here, perhaps you could try a wheat free or completely gluten free diet for a few months and chart the changes. It cannot do any harm.   Your scans would go ahead as normal.

As I said, a curved ball.

Fx

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8