Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Use of oestrogens on face?  (Read 66931 times)

silverlady

Re: Use of oestrogens on face?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »

OH CM  ;D ;D ;D  by the way if anyone wants to know more about estriol google  Estriol - The forgotten hormone.

silverlady x

coffee mate

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »

Will do that.  Thanks SL.  :)

coffee mate

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »

What is the difference in Retin-A and Retinol? Does anyone know?

I used to use a cream that contained Retinol, can't remember what it was called now, but I wasn't very impressed.

cm xx

silverlady

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »

CM Retin A is I think only available on prescription at least in the UK , it is not the same as Retinol which is similar to Vitamin A

RetinA was all the rage years ago but you don't hear so much about it now. Peels seem to have taken over. Its a difficult call with Retin A as it can makes your skin sun sensitive.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/415718-the-difference-between-retinol-and-retin-a/

Susan, Estrace cream is estrodioll not estriol, I think Trey uses it, the US has been slow to take up estriol, but they are catching up now and are always saying it has been used in Europe for decades with no side effects, hence Estriol- The forgotten hormone.

silverlady x

coffee mate

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »

Did you get your Retin A from your doctor Janie? Or can we buy it over the counter?

cm xx

coffee mate

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

You lucky devil! I'll have to show my Doctor my age spots and see if I can get him to prescribe me some. :D

I wonder. Is Retin A ever prescribed for Acne? I only for my daughters sake.

cm xx

coffee mate

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 05:11:21 AM »

Hi Janie, Thanks for the reply.

My daughter had been using the BCP for quite a few years. It had been wonderful for her skin.
However she is having a break from the BCP now and her skin has surprisingly quickly returned to its original oily self. Of course this means she will break out in spots, that obviously she hates!

This has been an ongoing problem of hers for years now.  Every night her cleansing routine takes her forever!! [probably too much testosterone] I will recommend that she asks her GP for some RA.

She asked me if she could give my Oestrogel a try. Cheeky sod!! Lol

coffee mate

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 06:53:27 AM »

Morning LD  :)

I am beginning to notice them on my hands lately. Also noticed that they are looking really veiny and old. Horrible!!
I smothered  them in our *secret* cream last night.  ;)

cm xx

catweazle

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:26 AM »

I am abandoning my experiment with estriol.

This morning I have noticed a slight brownish 'age spot' (chloasma?) on my cheek. I've no idea if it was there before I started using the estriol/face cream mix last week but it's freaked me out a bit.
I don't want to end up with huge brown patches on my face.

I guess I'm just going to have to learn to love my wrinkles  :'(

Catweazle x

catweazle

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »

I've just noticed something else.

I mixed the blobs of cream on a small area of the back of my hand. I have an age spot on that same area and it is definitely darker now than all the others on my hand  :o  :o

I'm sticking to estriol on the lady bits ONLY from now on!

Catweazle x

silverlady

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 08:51:26 AM »

I am sorry that you have had this effect catweazle, this has not happened to me, but I dilute the estriol thoroughly and only use one or twice a week and only at night, I never ever use it in the mornings and go out in the sun.

After I read your post I did a search for information , it seems that this can happen even when hormones are not used and can be genetic, when it happens in pregnancy if it is going to happen it appears  in the 4th month.

Going out in the sun, and the sun has been been strong these last two weeks, brown spots on face and hands will darken if you do not apply sun block cream, I make sure I do.

Once again I am sorry this has happened.

This is for CM's daughter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXjVvrEDYU

This lady is amazing and she is 54, admittedly she sticks to a raw diet but her skin is beautiful.

Its based on an old Chinese beauty technique, have done a search but its not available in the UK yet.

silverlady x
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:02:20 AM by silverlady »

silverlady

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »

Using estrodiol or estriol on the face is not going to get rid of wrinkles on the face, what it can do , plump and maybe thicken the skin, improving elasticity, so the lines are less visible.

Making sure you have enough Vitamin C to support collagen is in important too. If you are taking HRT, it will improve the whole of your body skin including the face.

Facial filleres are an excellent way to reduce wrinkles and lines if you want immediate results.

Estrogen face cream really is a nourisher for the estrogen receptors in the facial skin. Dermatologist say that estriol is an excellent skin smoother.

What I am going to say now you will hate me for, if you smoke, drink or take medications that dry the skin its going to effect how your skin looks. 

Its a matter of personal choice and what works may not work for another as I have tried to say in my previous posts.

silverlady x
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:12:12 AM by silverlady »

catweazle

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »

I did use the cream in the mornings Silverlady - I didn't know about the chloasma/age spot thing. Just shows you shouldn't muck about with medications!  ;D

You can't really see the age spot on my face, I noticed it in time so no worries there.

I don't drink alcohol, smoke or take any meds and I eat loads of fruit and veg so I guess I'm stuck with my ugly mug!  ;D

Catweazle x

coffee mate

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 12:26:23 PM »

Thanks for the link SL. My daughters problem is hormonal though. She eats plenty of fruit and veg, always has.
Doesn't smoke Only drinks alcohol if she has a night out and that's only once in a blue moon!

She has had the problem since hitting her teens really. The BCP sorted it out completely. Now that she's taken a break from the BCP, she said she can feel and see the difference already, and it's only been a month!

cm xx

silverlady

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »

CM I thought that your daughter would the like link because she is stilll a very young woman, and I think Tonya Zavasta inspirational.

I know if I was still that young  ::) I would just enjoy looking at the videos. Her life story is very interesting too.

The BCP is very very good for the skin, it agreed with me and kept me thin, it was only when I came off it my fibroid grew!

silverlady x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5