Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Use of oestrogens on face?  (Read 66899 times)

coffee mate

Re: Use of oestrogens on face?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »

I have some Gynest cream which was first prescribed to me before I asked for full HRT. I never used it, never even opened it.
What quantities would one use with ones face cream? Can anyone advise me? Preferably in *blob*  measures. Like "four blobs face cream to one blob Gynest :)

I also have been prescribed Oestrogel today [Yes! I can finally throw away my patches] Could I also use a little of that with my face cream?

cm xx

Meno_Madness

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM »

This is not to be confused with "bio-identical hormone therapy" - a term used in the US for something similar but it is a commercial thing where women get special compounding pharmacies to make up an formula of these horomnes supposedly made to measure by saliva testing of their own hormones - which is not credited as accurate. I also understand that they are unregulated. They pay vast amounts of money for this when bio-identical hormones are available. We are a long way from being able to personalise our hormone doses (eg depending on our own levels and our weight) and this would be notoriously difficult. Someone will probably tell me I have got it wrong - the American system - but I think Dr Currie summarised it in her article

The bio-identical craze in America has largely been spearheaded by celebrity endorsements from people like Oprah, Suzanne Somers and Robin MrGrath (Dr Phil's wife). They have advocated that "bio-identical" is something that is new and better than what has already been FDA approved, which of course is incorrect.

coffee mate

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 05:18:47 AM »

It is good news thanks Crimson.  :)

Haven't yet picked it up from the pharmacy. They have had to order it in for today, so don't know what it looks like yet Susan.

I would never throw my patches away.  Hell! I still have some Femoston left that I was prescribed nearly two years ago and I've had four different types of HRT since then!  ;D

cm xx

catweazle

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:51 AM »

I have some Gynest cream which was first prescribed to me before I asked for full HRT. I never used it, never even opened it.
What quantities would one use with ones face cream? Can anyone advise me? Preferably in *blob*  measures. Like "four blobs face cream to one blob Gynest :)

I also have been prescribed Oestrogel today [Yes! I can finally throw away my patches] Could I also use a little of that with my face cream?

cm xx

Coffee mate I've been mixing gynest and face cream about 40/60, but still only a very small amount in total (a little goes a long way). So that would be one blob of each with the face cream blob slightly larger ;D 
Gynest is 10 times less concentrated than ovestin so I thought I'd try this mix first off to see how it goes. I've only used it 5 days so far.

I personally wouldn't use estradiol on my face because it's a lot more potent than estriol and I would worry about it going systemic and building up my womb lining!

Catweazle x

silverlady

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »

Hurdity for you because you like scientific stuff , it even has molecules :)

http://www.holistichealthinfo.com/estriol-deficiency-and-the-aging-skin

silverlady x
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:02:43 AM by silverlady »

silverlady

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:09 AM »

If you are prone to chloasma,( that is you had it when pregnant or on the birthcontrol pill or  HRT)

http://www.patient.co.uk/forums/discuss/browse/chloasma-567

I would not recommend using estriol on the face. Estriol should be well diluted anyway.

silverlady x

silverlady

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »

You don't have to use an NHS resource for estriol, BIOVEA UK sell a mild estriol in a pleasant cream ( a pump container) that can be mixed with face cream.

This is just in case anyone is thinking that we are using the NHS for vanity reasons.

silverlady x

catweazle

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »

Thanks for posting the link to the article about estriol deficiency and the aging skin Silverlady.

The trial results were interesting - 0.01% estriol was used on one group - that's the strength of gynest cream. So I won't worry too much about diluting it enough. Seems I'm going to have to be patient for results to show though, a least a couple of months maybe longer.

I pay for my prescriptions, so at £7.65 per item I reckon the NHS is making a profit out of me because according to the HRT table in the menu to the left it only actually costs £4.67 for a tube of gynest!  :o

Wish it was available over the counter. I think it is some european countries.

Catweazle x

coffee mate

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

Thanks catweazle. Your measures makes perfect sense to me.  ;D

I can't wait to try my Oestrogel tonight. Hopefully I will wake up feeling a new woman tomorrow, or even better, a new man! Lol

Can anyone tell me, as I only put my Evorel patch on yesterday morning. Will I have to remove tonight before I use the Oestrogel, or should I wait until in the morning to remove it?

cm xx

coffee mate

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »

Just the one 80 Gram pump pack Susan.

After all the times I have been back to him and told him I'm not happy with my HRT, I can't really blame him for only prescribing the one!  ;D

Will keep you posted. I'm really optimistic.  :)  But then, I have been before!  ::)

cm xx

silverlady

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »

Thinking about all this I think its best to stick to estriol diluted, its a much weaker hormone about a thousand time weaker then estrodiol and even if it is absorbed (which is highly unlikely in such minute quantities) estriol has little effect on the breasts, and can be protective in some reports that I have read.

The doses I used in my face cream were very very tiny and I also use natural progesterone also very small amounts added to the mix, as I said at the beginning of this thread. Don't ever think more will be better with hormones.

silverlady x
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:00:03 PM by silverlady »

silverlady

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »

Thats really good to hear Janie, sometimes I just don't know what to advise just in case there are adverse efects with someone, its one thing to do these things for yourself, but very different passing it on to others.

silverlady x

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:40:28 AM by silverlady »

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »

Thanks for all the info andlinks
Interesting link silverlady on Estriol and ageing
Btw according to Wikipedia Estradiol is 80x more potent than Estriol as an oestrogen
Will be getting the Gynest cream for its proper purpose as I need it for there as the pessaries can't be used for the external areas - being a sold lump of wax.
Had a look at the site which sells it silverlady - as I am happy to pay money for face creams and do not expect the NHS to cover this (!)- but it was out of stock.
Personally I would prefer to use a product on the face which was designed for use there (rather than vag!) as I have sensitive skin.
However when I get the Gynest I will have a trial go.
Note you may not notice any difference for 6 months so needs perseverence!

Hurdity x
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:56:34 AM by Hurdity »

silverlady

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »

Hurdity the article I read about estriol yesterday said a 1000 times weaker, but who knows, will try and find it again ( I have just though it

might have been a 100 times and I might have read it wrongly) drat! as Trey would say, now I will have to try and find it ::)

silverlady x

coffee mate

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »

I mixed a little of my Gynest cream into my moisturiser last night, and like Crimson, I found that it made the moisturiser softer and easier to absorb.

Had I known last night that it took six months before we might see the results Hurdity, I wouldn't have expected to wake looking like Marilyn Monroe instead of Marilyn Manson!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5