Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Confused and sad  (Read 103720 times)

changesbabe

Re: Confused and sad
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »

It's so difficult to know what's best isn't it mac. It would be good if you could wait a bit to see if the diarrhoea settled but I can understand you would want to get started right away so that you feel better. How are you getting on with taking the beta blockers regularly? Sounds like you had a really horrible day the other day - well done for going along to the gp and getting some help for yourself.  Hang in there you will get through this. Have a hug from me. Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »

Remind me: what dose of BBs are you taking?  I take 40mg at night and if stressed add 40mg the next morning - helps to stop those awful adrenaline surges.

mac

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »

Hi
Really bad this morning feel as if I'm going of my head don't know whats going on constant state of anxiety having what feels like surges took 20mg propanalol 0915.  I feel as if I'm having a breakdown so scared.
Going back to the doctors I'm sure they must think I'm loosing it. No diarhoea.

Just want to feel better :(

Mac

Anne B

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:05 AM »

Hi Mac
Sorry you are having such a hard time. Your feelings are similar to mine and I am on HRT but think I need my dose adjusted. Have been told to wait another 2 weeks before they retest my hormone levels to see if they have rectified themselves. Don't know how I will survive the next 2 weeks because the exhaustion, sadness and anxiety are overwhelming.
I wouldn't feel guilty about going back to the docs because you need resolution to your situation.
My heart goes out to you.
Keep strong.

Anne B

changesbabe

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »

Hey Mac have a hug - you are defo not going off your head despite feeling like it.  Anxiety is horrible.  It makes you doubt your sanity and strips you of your confidence.  Am glad you are going back to the gp.  Glad too your diarrhoea has gone today - maybe he will start you back on your hrt.  Hopefully as the day goes on you will settle down.  I often feel terrible in the morning too.  Anxiety makes me doubt my mind as well.  Be gentle with yourself today - read a book, go a walk, have a bath, phone a friend, watch a movie - just do things that don't put you under any more stress.  Anxiety is exhausting.  Take care for now and let us know how you get on at the gp's.  xxx

Christine662

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »

oh mac....I wish i could hug you, I know how you feel with anxiety its awful...although is improving for me the longer I am on HRT (into 3rd month now)

Is there someone you can phone to have a general chat with or visit for a cuppa...something to take you mind off things? It all seems lots worse when you are on your own.

Stumpy xxxxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »

Been there and survived! but at the time I didn't think I would be able to.  I spent hours dozing on the settee with radio softly in the background.  Once you have seen your GP how about doing nothing?  or maybe some chores would help, different people deal with anxiety in different ways.  For me it was laying stilluntil the anxiety surges stopped, usually about 5.30 p.m. when my committments had been dealt with: or not.

Let the medicatino do the work.  20mg will ease it's way into the system by now, have you eaten this morning as low blood sugar can cause anxiety surges big time ......... don't wait until you feel hungry but if possible graze: bananas are slow release, dried fruits and nuts can ease those hunger pangs which sometimes we don't recognise.

It WILL pass!  it is AWFUL! 

mac

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »

I'm now in tears  :(  Your all such lovely ladies I feel so relieved you are all there.  My husband is with me and he's doing his best but I know he's worried because its so unlike me.  I was pacing the floor this morning I had convinced myself that i was loosing it.
I'm begining to feel a bit better. 
If i'm allowed back on HRT should I stick to patches, I was on Femseven sequi or should i take tabs? which ones work quicker?

Mac

pj44

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »

Truely feel for you mac. Anxiety is the pits. Hope you get on ok at the doctors

Christine662

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »

Am glad your OH is with you mac.

Stumpy xx

Horsie

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »

Oh Mac - I am sorry that you are feeling so bad, it's really nasty because I think that it becomes a downward spiral ( it does for me sometimes) and you need something to break that - cry, shout, scream - whatever it is that works to distract you from the thoughts in your head.  :bighug: and I hope that you soon start to feel better. Take care of yourself x

littleminnie

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 10:28:31 AM »

Did you try the Rescue Remedy Mac? It really does help and calms you down.
Sounds daft but I found chewing gum helped too.

Bette

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 10:38:47 AM »

Mac, haven't you had a problem with migraines? If so, it might be best to stick with the patches for now.
Have you tried Lemon Balm or the 321 exercise? Anxiety is horrible but you will come through it as many of us on here can bear witness to.  :hug:
Bette x

Smokey

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »

Hi Mac,

Just caught up with your post again today, I know how you feel but things will get better,I know you can't imagine it at the moment,but trust me they will.

I have looked at over symptoms of to much thyroxine, and yes one is loose stools and anxiety, adrenaline surges etc.  When that's settle down you will be able to re-start your HRT , as for which HRT you take is down to personal choice,and if it doesn't suit you after 3 months you can change to another.

I personally am on Everol sequel 50 mg patches these were chosen by my gp as I suffer from silent migraines and patches don't go through your stomach, but by pass it so cause less problems with headache/migraine and upset stomaches if that may apply to you. Mine have so far Been brilliant,
I get a 3/4 day fairly light bleed onweek  3 of the mix patch oestrogen/progesterone .

But saying that I've been taking the thyroid med for 6 days and my period has not arrived, although I have stomach cramps so maybe it is them causing it.

I would definatley hang in there a bit when you start the HRT again as the improvements are well worth waiting for my aniexty went after about 2 weeks together with flushes and sad feelings tougher with the tears.

I still feel quite ill after doing anything for more than 1/2 hour or so and my mouth really starts to tingle, can you remember how long after you first started your thyroxin you started to feel good again.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

mac

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »

Thank you all for your support and kind words.  Haven't done a thing this morning but stay on this forum which is my counselling therapy.

Bette your right I started getting really bad headaches/migranes when I stared on ellsette duo, but it could also have been a symptom of the menopause so who knows.  Just not sure what HRT to take, if I can re-start.

Smokey - it took about 10 days to feel the benefit of throxine when I last increased it in February.  Remember you may have to adjust your dose of thyroxine so have regular blood tests.

Mac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28