Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope without HRT  (Read 235942 times)

tiger74

Re: Tell us how you cope without HRT
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2014, 08:58:45 PM »

An interesting thread for me - new to this forum and unable to take HRT (oestrogen positive breast cancer) and choose not to take supplements containing phytoestrogens.

My night sweats seem to come and go but I always sleep with a 'chillow' on the mattress next to me so I can roll onto it if I wake up feeling overheated.

Recently we changed to having 2 single duvets on our bed so my husband sleeps under a winter duvet and I can stick with a lovely light thin one.  Seems like a really simple thing but we'd never thought of doing it previously and it has made a big difference to quality of sleep for both of us. 

libbyloo

« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »

Have you ladies heard of Jill Shaw Ruddock......you may well have. But she has been through menopause, out the other side. Recommend having a look. Barbara cartland recommended apple cider vinegar and honey (manuka) preferably!! It will help some people if they can get it down......2 parts acv to 8 parts warm water. I'm in early days of this phase of my life. Outside of hrt one day, I'm going to try anything. Libs

Taz2

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »

This is a review of the book http://jillshawruddock.co.uk/my-menopause-manifesto/press/

I know that it has been said before that our reduction in sex hormones "releases" us to be who we really are but I don't half miss them!!!!

I've got some apple cider vinegar but not sure what it is supposed to help with.

Taz x

libbyloo

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2014, 07:02:03 AM »

I agree taz,  ::)I'm not yet experiencing what most of these ladies are, I'm in my infancy. Never thought I'd miss having period. ::)

libbyloo

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »

I need to google it myself, but I know its awesome. Just had some in water...now off to work......

libbyloo

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »

Apple cider vinegar has many benefits (google) of interest here. Bone density. Has anyone experiencing mild symptoms had good results from red clover? Libby

libbyloo

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2014, 02:26:26 AM »

Silver lady.....your thread April last year is music to my ears. You explain of a book your mum gave you years ago, which prepared you. Another one which has been priceless to you wanting in the main natural methods and you walked yourself among other things through your menopause, which is going to be my way. Its worked for every other hurdle in my life why not this little beauty. Ten past two in the morning!!! Let me get this right, just as we finish one little curse, 37 yrs of.........alongside all the other hurdles......you walk your way through alllll of that. Then when i finally settle down with man of my dreams, the soul mate one. mother nature is sat on the front row on my  wedding day with another little package!!!! No libido, insomnia, hot flushes, vaginal dryness (just a matter of time). And so far, since joining this forum, realise after reading your threads, I've got it mild. Is someone going to jump out and yell..........gotcha!! And its all a big joke?  :'(

libbyloo

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2014, 02:43:23 AM »

No one has tried red clover?  :-*

Taz2

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2014, 07:47:54 AM »

Hi libbyloo - if you type Red Clover into the search box in the blue bar top left of the screen it will bring up all our posts on Red Clover. This is one of them http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,20893.msg309172.html#msg309172

Taz x

libbyloo

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

I'm intrigued there isn't someone who had tried it. Thankyou for advice. Libby x

Taz2

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2014, 09:08:44 PM »

Night_owl has tried it

"I tried Red Clover (then Femarelle) when I came off HRT for three months.  It didn't work for me, no real symptom control, and I eventually went back on low dose HRT - but we're all different so it could be worth a try, have read many good reviews.  It is quite pricey though."

Taz x

libbyloo

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »

Thanku. I'll have look at other threads under red clover. Libby

Lynanne

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

Hi all after trying HRt drs have said I react badly to it so tried at their suggestion Femarelle which worked for a while but mood swings so they suggested black cohosh which I now take in the form of Remifemin. Great everything has gone no sweats nothing I also at her suggestion take vitamins  But no one on here seems to have tried Remifemin So thought I would post as an alternative worth trying (it works for me anyway )

Hurdity

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »

Hi Lynanne

Glad you have found that this works for you but just to point out that it is not recommended to take Black Cohosh for longer than 6 months because of possible side effects and lack of long term data on safety. I used it for a few months when I was peri-menopausal but as I got further into menopause it stopped working!

I've just found some updated information on this website about it here:

Scroll down!

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/otherpreps.php

Hurdity x

Lynanne

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2014, 01:39:14 PM »

Yes thanks for that have read it before i started taking remifemin only been on it for a month.  So not worried yet my gp has said it is fine to take and I will continue to do so for now (unless it no longer becomes effective) Then I will look at other alternatives with my gp's advise. 
Just relieved for now to be feeling so much better.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13